Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First long trip with P3D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for this response. We're taking our car on the road next week-about 300 miles- and I'm interested in the other online trips you mentioned. Also, we have the 3 that is not the extended range so I want to be sure we can make it to the superchargers. But, I guess the best advice you're giving is to do the speed limit. What are the other online trip planners? Thanks.
I would use the one posted by astrowunder:
For my personality, speed limits above 55 are what I do. The “fastest” way to get there is theoretically to drive faster than the speed limit. I am sure there is some high level calculus to determine the optimum speed to drive, but I don’t like to worry about getting pulled over for speeding.

Last edited:
I'm planning on going on my first long trip (NJ to Orlando FL)

I'm thinking about making my first supercharger stop after driving 260 miles.

Anyone think that will be a problem.

My goal is to try to get to superchargers with very low SOC to minimize the charge times.
Many here have stated that the fastest way to travel is to travel at the fastest speed that you are comfortable with (the faster the better, within reason of course, haha) with the sweetest spot to arrive at 10% and charge to 65%, of course this has to be adjusted to Supercharger distances but it is what you should aim for to maximize travel times.

Reactions: Daniel in SD