Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model 3 Spotted in the Wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

N5329K

Aug 12, 2009
California
Saw my first Model 3 yesterday in the wild near the Tesla store in Seaside, California. Beautiful car, and an interesting color that looked like a dark taupe silver. Almost a metallic brown. Not sure I've seen that anywhere, though maybe it was just the light (gray) and the backdrop (eucalyptus trees). But really pretty.
Also spoke with a Tesla engineer at a family party in Atherton, who has a reservation but is delaying his Model 3 purchase until later next year "when the wrinkles are more ironed out".
Might be an argument for dual motors.
Robin

• Helpful
Reactions: Knobi and KarenRei
Also spoke with a Tesla engineer at a family party in Atherton, who has a reservation but is delaying his Model 3 purchase until later next year "when the wrinkles are more ironed out".
Might be an argument for dual motors.
Robin

Yeah, that's the reason I don't feel bad about not getting mine until "Early 2019". Lots of time for the bugs to get worked out. There's not a service centre in my country, so if something big goes wrong I'll have to ship my car to Denmark :Þ Also, yeah, I want AWD if it's not too expensive.

I just spotted a Model 3 at the Supercharger in Baton Rouge yesterday. Two guys were giving it a "test run" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. to Palm Springs, Ca. They were pleased as punch at this point of the trip, and headed westbound, grinning.....

I'd seen M3's in person both in Fremont and at the Decatur, GA delivery center, but I hadn't seen one actually moving until one passed me going the other direction last Wednesday. (Somewhere between Alpharetta and Marietta, GA.) Whoever was driving that white M3 has a gorgeous looking car.

Up until I saw that car, I wondered if the first time I saw a M3 moving with my own eyes would be when mine gets delivered on 3/31.

Reactions: suwaneedad
Somewhere between Alpharetta and Marietta, GA.
Saw my first (other than in Fremont) yesterday, about 1/4 mile from my house in Suwanee GA. Black, aeros, and already with the permanent license plate, so couldn't be too recent a delivery. I expected fanfare, brass bands, maybe some angels hovering above the car. But, nothing. Weird. Looking forward to adding mine to the local fleet in the wild mid next week.