Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

First P85D in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WeazL

Moderator - Hawaii
Aug 18, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
I was in the SC for emergency servicing this morning and I saw it......a P85D! (sorry, no pic). . . First one in the state!!! It's Black w /silver 21"s, black leather w/red piping.....nearly identical to mine except it has gloss obeche wood (mine has matte) and it has the yacht floor. $133k tag :cool: They weren't expecting any until February...them BAM...this bad boy shows up!

It's out of view on their service side and I'm not sure if anyone is supposed to know it's here yet, so I'm posting this on the private forum out of respect for our SC staff.

WeazL and all, on the day after Christmas I visited the SC and learned there were THREE P85Ds on location. I mentioned this in the Tesla-Sightings-in_Hawaii thread. One was red, one black, and the third must have been the silver P85D you are referring to. If that third P85D hasn't been delivered yet, maybe, just maybe, there's a chance that it might become a demonstrator. I trust Nanimac will twist Susan's arm and get a P85D test drive session set up at some point when Susan gets access to a P85D for test drives.

I suggested we have three prizes: the first to see a P85D in Hawaii (taken), the first to see a P85D in the wild in Hawaii (open), and the first to test drive a P85D in Hawaii (open). Naturally, photographic evidence appreciated, and bonus points for a video showing a Hawaii TMC member experiencing a P85D launch.

Akkiki,
This is my first Tesla, and aside from a trip to Oahu, I'd never driven one before so everything is new and exciting to me. The lane departure thing is really cool and I like the speed limit sign reading feature. Just today, I slipped it into "insane" mode and have taken some brief launch-ettes. The speed limit on the north shore is pretty low but it is impressive.

My car came with "old" seats and Tesla plans to ship and install the next generation seats later this year. Other than that the car is perfect. Questions?