Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Positive experience with Tesla since delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually had my first positive experience with Tesla since I took delivery on 12/5/2018. Had an appointment with Tesla Mobile service this past Monday and the technician was honest, prompt, professional and personable.

I couldn't get the lower left license plate screw out and had to schedule service. When the technician arrived, I told him the lower left molly needed replacement. He actually told me the molly was fine, but Tesla has been installing the wrong screws. For some reason, some Model 3 cars have the rear plate screws for the Model S installed. Apparently, even though they look very similar, the screws for the Model S are a little shorter and thinner, so they can't spread the Molly out far enough. He replaced all 4 screws with the correct ones and now they can be installed and removed without issue.

I hope my appointment next month with the Tesla approved body shop for paint defects goes as smooth.........

Good to hear, my service appointment was pretty great as well. Had some paint work done on the bumpers, chrome trim on the driver side replaced and the rubber trunk gasket. Waiting on some parts that are backordered but with the service advisor getting me a loaner and pretty quick on the responses during the time in the shop, I was pretty happy.

Reactions: FlyinLow
I actually had my first positive experience with Tesla since I took delivery on 12/5/2018. Had an appointment with Tesla Mobile service this past Monday and the technician was honest, prompt, professional and personable.

I couldn't get the lower left license plate screw out and had to schedule service. When the technician arrived, I told him the lower left molly needed replacement. He actually told me the molly was fine, but Tesla has been installing the wrong screws. For some reason, some Model 3 cars have the rear plate screws for the Model S installed. Apparently, even though they look very similar, the screws for the Model S are a little shorter and thinner, so they can't spread the Molly out far enough. He replaced all 4 screws with the correct ones and now they can be installed and removed without issue.

I hope my appointment next month with the Tesla approved body shop for paint defects goes as smooth.........

Nice to hear.

What was the process like for you to get an appointment at a Tesla approved body shop? Did you take it to a Service Center first and they handled everything or did you take it directly to an approved body shop? I'm in midst of getting various defects resolved as well, but keep getting thrown in different directions by customer support, the SC, etc.

What was the process like for you to get an appointment at a Tesla approved body shop? Did you take it to a Service Center first and they handled everything or did you take it directly to an approved body shop? I'm in midst of getting various defects resolved as well, but keep getting thrown in different directions by customer support, the SC, etc.

The day after delivery, I called the local Tesla Service Center and asked if I could make an appointment to get the paint defects corrected or do I just wait for Tesla to call to make the appointment. The service advisor said they didn't do any body work there and to call the Tesla approved body shop to make an appointment. She also warned me the sooner I call the better, as the body shop was extremely busy.

Called the Tesla approved body shop and took the fist available consult appointment, which was a week later. At the body shop, we did a quick walk around and I emailed my advisor my "Due Bill" and made the first available appointment for the actual work to performed - which is on 2/18/19. About 2 weeks later, I finally had the chance to wash the car and noticed several other defects. Emailed Tesla No CA concerns and the Delivery Advisor and they emailed back to say all my new concerns were added to the "Due Bill" in their system. On each email with Tesla, I cc'd my Body Shop Advisor so she could see the entire email chain. Interesting to note, each time I called Tesla and spoke to a live person, they assured me all my concerns would be addressed and they wanted me to have a "Positive" experience with Tesla.

Good luck with your repairs and post the progress when you have the chance.

The day after delivery, I called the local Tesla Service Center and asked if I could make an appointment to get the paint defects corrected or do I just wait for Tesla to call to make the appointment. The service advisor said they didn't do any body work there and to call the Tesla approved body shop to make an appointment. She also warned me the sooner I call the better, as the body shop was extremely busy.

Called the Tesla approved body shop and took the fist available consult appointment, which was a week later. At the body shop, we did a quick walk around and I emailed my advisor my "Due Bill" and made the first available appointment for the actual work to performed - which is on 2/18/19. About 2 weeks later, I finally had the chance to wash the car and noticed several other defects. Emailed Tesla No CA concerns and the Delivery Advisor and they emailed back to say all my new concerns were added to the "Due Bill" in their system. On each email with Tesla, I cc'd my Body Shop Advisor so she could see the entire email chain. Interesting to note, each time I called Tesla and spoke to a live person, they assured me all my concerns would be addressed and they wanted me to have a "Positive" experience with Tesla.

Good luck with your repairs and post the progress when you have the chance.

Thanks and definitely will do. Just got notified today that I will get a call from a SC around the middle of February to bring it in to handle the due bill issues. That would be roughly 8 weeks from when I initially reported the issues to my OA.