Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Service Visit after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used the phone app to schedule my post-delivery visit to address issues with the car found at delivery. My appointment was scheduled for Aug 5th. At this juncture do I need to do anything else or do I just blindly show up and hope they are all set?

Any tips/suggestions for a first time Tesla owner's visit with a tesla Service Center is appreciated.

I used the phone app to schedule my post-delivery visit to address issues with the car found at delivery. My appointment was scheduled for Aug 5th. At this juncture do I need to do anything else or do I just blindly show up and hope they are all set?

Any tips/suggestions for a first time Tesla owner's visit with a Tesla Service Center is appreciated.
I just went for my first post delivery service. My SC had an iPad setup that I checked in with. I had to drop my keycard off in an "overnight" envelope. Within 60 seconds, my cell phone was ringing from the Service Advisor saying that he just saw me check in and would be out in a minute to give me my loaner. He came out, walked me over to the 75D they gave me for a loaner and off I went.

When the car was "ready" (has to go back again today) I received a text saying it was in stall 45 and to drop off the loaner key fob in the overnight box. Instead of searching for my MY, I summoned it to me....way cool.

My app showed "Ready to Pickup", and has since I picked it up on Saturday evening. It still does today. Apparently Tesla hasn't closed out the service ticket yet. But since I have to take it back for additional service today, I am not worried about it.,

I did the same last week Tom - Selected the issues, with a brief descrip (I didn't provide any pictures as I referred them to the delivery advisor that took pictures of issues on delivery day). A few days later, got a text that requested the car be dropped off in lieu of mobile visit. I confirmed they had the pictures/issues from delivery day.

Appt is set for later this month. They also said loaners are first come first serve so I asked for an early morning appointment.

Hope it's as straightforward and easy for you.

Thanks for the detailed responses. I wish there was a way to go back in and view what you submitted originally. I couldn’t tell if the photos I originally sent, made it out. I’m going to call them later this afternoon just to be safe. I fear things will fall through the crack with all this touch less and app processes.

I’m also having my son follow me over as I don’t want to find out there are no loaners and my SC is 40 mikes away.

Yeah, I may have done more than I needed to, but I emailed them pictures of everything. When they sent me my appointment confirmation they said due to COVID they would not be allowed to go on a test drive to show them the issues I was having and that the app description was what they were going to use. So I decided to print the email with pictures that showed what the issue was or in detail described where/what I though the issue was coming from. I printed all six pages (with pictures) out and hung it over my display so thy couldnt miss it. Again, probably overkill, but oh well. $62k for a car gives me that right. :)

I had my first service completed on Friday. They had the car for a week and didn't get two things done. Most all the rest were done but they missed touching up hinge scratches on my left rear door and they pushed off fixing my back seat alignment until Tesla addresses it. They did get things like a paint touch up on my right rear door, scratched interior lower door on the same side, headliner not tucked in right near the hatch, center rear seat rear cover loose, scratched glass on left rear door. So I'm waiting for them to get back with me on the rear seat alignment issue as they are still not even when in the same positions. Also, now the rear switch invoked seat retract doesn't work all the time. I'm hoping they will loosen up as I use them more and that starts working again.

The whole process is very weird due to Covid-19. You never see anyone, just talk to them on the phone. I had to come and do what the service advisor called a "show and tell" where we went over the issues. He did come out for that. I then had to come back about a week later to drop off the car. I dropped it off on Friday and it took them until Tuesday to validate what work they were going to do. It was ready on Thursday but I couldn't make it to the service center by 5pm to pick it up, so I opted for Friday pick up. I waited for 30 minutes for them to bring the car to me when I went to pick it up on Friday. They thought I was there to take delivery and not pick up a service car. The Houston North place has one person in the main lobby and he doesn't do anything unless you force him to talk to you. I actually saw him take his laptop and duck into the back office when a bunch of people trying to figure out the delivery process came into the lobby.

I find it funny that they close at 5pm. Most service departments stay open to 6 or 7pm since folks work and cannot come pick up their cars by 5pm. They do offer some sort of pick up process for this but I didn't want to try that. Does anyone else find this a bit annoying? Also, does Tesla do any type of survey on how the service went? All I got was the invoice to approve and that is it so far.

they pushed off fixing my back seat alignment until Tesla addresses it. So I'm waiting for them to get back with me on the rear seat alignment issue as they are still not even when in the same positions.

I had the same issue and went in armed with a pic of my seat and and a pic of a delivery that had it corrected. And even the last digits of the VIN number so they could look it up. Mine was adjusted. I dont know if the pic helped or not, but there is a fix for it.

I dropped my White MY PUP off ate Tesla on 7/13. Mine was one of the ones that had mismatched doors and I convinced them to repaint them. I just got a call this morning that they finally had gotten it back from the body shop and the paint quality was subpar so it is going back to be redone again. At this point, my car has spent more time in the shop than it has in my driveway. Beyond frustrated with owning a Tesla so far. I did get a Model S loaner. It's an older 75 and is permanently set in chill mode (boring). Based on this loaner I would never buy an S. It has 49k and is falling apart.

Of the 6 items I have on my list ONLY two are on my MUST FIX list, the rest I can live with. My SC is an 82-mile r/t journey so I hope I don't have to play the "bring it back multiple times" game. But local Tesla owners claim our SC is pretty good, I do have a paint issue that will most likely have to be dealt with by a collision/paint shop so that's outside of the SC's control.

I did get my new car survey and I should have waited to submit it until after my first SC visit. Does Tesla send out follow up survey's like GM does?

Hoping for the best.

Of the 6 items I have on my list ONLY two are on my MUST FIX list, the rest I can live with. My SC is an 82-mile r/t journey so I hope I don't have to play the "bring it back multiple times" game. But local Tesla owners claim our SC is pretty good, I do have a paint issue that will most likely have to be dealt with by a collision/paint shop so that's outside of the SC's control.

I did get my new car survey and I should have waited to submit it until after my first SC visit. Does Tesla send out follow up survey's like GM does?

Hoping for the best.