Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Time Tesla Owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I just took delivery this Saturday of my White 75D with premium seats, carbon fiber interior and auto pilot. I had a model 3 on order for nearly two years and when it came time to build (I was getting the Performance Dual Motor), I opted to go with a Model S instead.

The Delivery was quite simple, except the paperwork was incorrect twice and that created a 2 hour delay since it was coming from Palo Alto directly. So, my wife and I went to grab lunch and when we got back, it was as simple as can be.

I am planning on getting new 20" satin black wheels installed tomorrow and will post some pics in the next couple of days. I'm also looking into doing a satin black chrome delete. I will remove my front license plate tonight (after reading posts on it hear).

In the meantime, I will be selling my 19" wheels and tires as pictured below (with only 90 miles of wear on them). I haven't really researched what the wheels/tires are going for, but PM me if you are interested. I'm in So Cal in the San Fernando Valley.

I'm excited to finally be a part of the Tesla family and am already loving the auto pilot features. It's so far ahead of the "lane keep assist" that other manufacturers offer. I am still getting used to some of the features but I want to thank you all for the information on this site. Can't wait to leave the office to drive again. :)

-- Raj

front.jpg
side.jpg
back.jpg

She's a beauty! Congratulations! It's refreshing to hear of others' positive experiences during delivery! Mine went equally as smoothly.

Hopefully you'll post pics of your S when all the mods are done! She'll be a show-stopper!

Welcome to the family!!

Note. Tesla says if you increase tire/wheel size you will lose travel distance due to larger foot print and weight of bigger set.

This certainly makes sense, but it's interesting that Tesla makes no mention of any difference in range when configuring a Model S and choosing between 19" and 21" wheels. And maybe I've just missed it, but I've never seen this officially documented anywhere else either.

This certainly makes sense, but it's interesting that Tesla makes no mention of any difference in range when configuring a Model S and choosing between 19" and 21" wheels. And maybe I've just missed it, but I've never seen this officially documented anywhere else either.

They don't differentiate - same is true of the Model 3. 20" Performance or 18" Aero wheels get the same 310 mile rating.

In real world driving there's certain;y a difference, but it's not as significant as differences in temperature, speed, wind, driving style or gradient.