Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery timeline for Canadian orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I'm new here and I'm looking forward to my first Tesla. I'm just wondering if any member here has insight into Canadian delivery timelines.
I ordered a base Model S on Sept 16. Black on black, round steering wheel and Tempest wheels. Original EDD was Oct-Nov and it was updated to Nov 11 - Dec 23 a few days after. It's been almost a month since ordering and I've received no updates at all from Tesla. In the meantime, it seems that people in the US who ordered around the same time are getting deliveries pretty consistently. I get that transportation would take longer for Canada (I'm in the Toronto area) but I thought at least I would be getting a match already. I discovered that the Canadian inventory is disproportionally low. There are 3 in Canada vs 200+ in the US according to test-info.com. This is making me think that perhaps Canadian orders are simply prioritized after US orders? Anyone in Canada has orders/deliveries in a similar timeframe? What was your experience?
I'm really excited about the car but the uncertainty is a bit frustrating. When I asked my Tesla advisor, I only got the generic "there are factors outside of our control" response.

Who knows? The end of the quarter just passed, whihc is always concentrating on delivering cars that have been built, or can be built and delivered, before the end of the quarter. Now we are in a period where the 2024 model will be introduced in the next month or so. Perhaps there will be a brief pause now to implement any changes to the new 2024 model, which are expected to be minor.

Reactions: f82.6mt
Hi all, I'm new here and I'm looking forward to my first Tesla. I'm just wondering if any member here has insight into Canadian delivery timelines.
I ordered a base Model S on Sept 16. Black on black, round steering wheel and Tempest wheels. Original EDD was Oct-Nov and it was updated to Nov 11 - Dec 23 a few days after. It's been almost a month since ordering and I've received no updates at all from Tesla. In the meantime, it seems that people in the US who ordered around the same time are getting deliveries pretty consistently. I get that transportation would take longer for Canada (I'm in the Toronto area) but I thought at least I would be getting a match already. I discovered that the Canadian inventory is disproportionally low. There are 3 in Canada vs 200+ in the US according to test-info.com. This is making me think that perhaps Canadian orders are simply prioritized after US orders? Anyone in Canada has orders/deliveries in a similar timeframe? What was your experience?
I'm really excited about the car but the uncertainty is a bit frustrating. When I asked my Tesla advisor, I only got the generic "there are factors outside of our control" response.
Any updates on your order EDD?

Just a quick update. I managed to find my own match from inventory yesterday. It's the exact spec as my order but it's at a different location. I wondered why it wasn't matched to me in the first place but maybe it's because it was matched to someone else who cancelled the order or rejected the car. I really hope it's not the latter case but it doesn't hurt to check it out I guess. If it's not up to par, I can always reject it so there's no risk in trying. It's a 2023 VIN btw. The car arrived at the location on Oct 31 according to the SA.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Just a quick update. I managed to find my own match from inventory yesterday. It's the exact spec as my order but it's at a different location. I wondered why it wasn't matched to me in the first place but maybe it's because it was matched to someone else who cancelled the order or rejected the car. I really hope it's not the latter case but it doesn't hurt to check it out I guess. If it's not up to par, I can always reject it so there's no risk in trying. It's a 2023 VIN btw. The car arrived at the location on Oct 31 according to the SA.

Was this in the vaughan-woodbrige tesla site? I saw it briefly, wasn't it a 21" wheel?

Was this in the vaughan-woodbrige tesla site? I saw it briefly, wasn't it a 21" wheel?
Yes I saw the 21” too. While I was contemplating, it was gone. Later that day, another one came up with my exact spec at the same location. It’s kinda strange but I grabbed it anyway. Had a bit of buyer’s remorse after realizing that it could be a reject but we’ll see on Saturday :)

How did it go?
It went pretty well. I tried to go through the list during the delivery and everything seemed fine. The only thing was a minor door gap which I didn't notice until the day after. I booked a mobile service appointment next week for them to take a look but it's not a big deal either way. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the car.

Reactions: cg_11 and hydro