Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fixed: Loose rear end (pulls right accelerating, left on regen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weeeell, I figured it out.

I’m quite confident my issues are due to faulty upper control arms from EV Tuning.

See for yourself in my two part video!

in the second part, I used a breaker bar to shake the hub……listen how much more severe the noise is when I press on the upper control arm with my hand through the wheel. The outer control arm bushing had A decent amount of movement in it.

So, looks like I’ll be doing the right thing and placing an order with @N2itive !

• Helpful
Reactions: zwede
Well, the N2itive camber arms arrived in just 2 days. They look sharp. I’ve been asked to put together a formal review, I expect to have that done in a couple weeks when I install them.

Thanks N2itive!

372E5528-FAD7-4B79-89A8-0091AFCE6C34.jpeg

Just realized it's been over 2 years since I posted this so thought it was time for an update.

I recently replaced tires and happy to report they all wore evenly. No inner edge wear indicating toe issues. The car also still drives perfectly, no sway or pull or other funny business when accelerating.

Reactions: philip295
UPDATE: I reported my loose left suspension to this forum earlier. Two different Tesla Service Centers were not able to fix the problem over the last five+ years. The new Santa Ana Service Center listened more carefully to my complaint and watched the video (included here). They reported a cracked subframe. $3,000 later, I have the car back. I have protested this, as it should have been found and repaired many years ago.

Video:

UPDATE: I reported my loose left suspension to this forum earlier. Two different Tesla Service Centers were not able to fix the problem over the last five+ years. The new Santa Ana Service Center listened more carefully to my complaint and watched the video (included here). They reported a cracked subframe. $3,000 later, I have the car back. I have protested this, as it should have been found and repaired many years ago.

Video:

Wow, that's significant movement. Were you able to move the wheel on the horizontal axis by hand, or only under load?

For those who find this in the future. I had the same issue as the OP and just resolved by replacing the toe links myself. This video and website were also quite helpful. How to Install N2itive Tesla SX-1 and TSX-1 Control Arms for Model S & X

I didn't use a second jack. I had some some blocks of wood that I knew would withstand the weight when I needed to torque it down as I don't have a second jack. Thanks for the help everyone.