Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fletch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's hysterical that your screen name is quoted as "Arnold Panz, of Miami". That should give some Fletch fans a good laugh.

I sent it to some friends and we all think it's a riot! Taking this to an extreme, I suppose the real Arnold Panz, successful divorce lawyer, could have retired to Miami. And it would only make sense for Fletch, a die hard Lakers fan, that his nemesis would be a Miami Heat fan. :).

I sent it to some friends and we all think it's a riot! Taking this to an extreme, I suppose the real Arnold Panz, successful divorce lawyer, could have retired to Miami. And it would only make sense for Fletch, a die hard Lakers fan, that his nemesis would be a Miami Heat fan. :).

Josh - when Tesla requests payment for your Model S, will you put it on the Underhill account?

arnold_t_pants.jpeg

Of course! Just so long as He and Wendy get to keep $918 of it!

*Wishing I had chosen Mr. Poon as my handle*

I've always visualized you as some sort of pan-European (Austro-Spanish) debonair chap sunning on South Beach - "Josh" will take some getting used to ;)

Oh boy would I be a massive disappointment for you if we ever met! :) I'm basically like the movie character, without the trenchcoat.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 10895

Of course! Just so long as He and Wendy get to keep $918 of it!

*Wishing I had chosen Mr. Poon as my handle*

Great photo!

"I'm neither loitering nor trespassing. I have simply chosen an advisable location to await my client's delinquent husband."

- - - Updated - - -

Josh - when Tesla requests payment for your Model S, will you put it on the Underhill account?

Oooooh, if only I could!

Interesting tidbit -- the original character's name was Marvin Gillet. Arnold Panz is just an ad-lib by Chevy Chase that stuck. We thought it was a ridiculously funny name for some reason.

Watching Fletch now. Thanks!

It's my favorite movie ever. I worked in a video store for several years in high school (late 1980s), and we had to put on movies that (a) didn't annoy us to death, (b) didn't have bad language, violence or nudity, and (c) we had seen already because we couldn't watch the movie uninterrupted while working. That basically left us with Fletch, Young Frankenstein and the Police Squad TV show tapes (and later Naked Gun when it finally came out on video). I must have seen Fletch a thousand times, and still laugh at almost ever scene. Enjoy!

Probably the humidity.

That's a terrific wing. I love that shape.

There is a tremendous buildup of guck all over that.

And the quote I throw out regularly:

C'mon guys, it's all ball bearings nowadays!

On another note, have you read the book? The movie was done as a Chevy Chase vehicle and only the plot was kept. The Fletch character in the book is completely different but equally good. The late Gregory Mcdonald is the author.

And the quote I throw out regularly:

C'mon guys, it's all ball bearings nowadays!

On another note, have you read the book? The movie was done as a Chevy Chase vehicle and only the plot was kept. The Fletch character in the book is completely different but equally good. The late Gregory Mcdonald is the author.

I've read all the Fletch books, though clearly the first is the best (and the ending much better, though I understand why Hollywood changed it for the movie). My personal favorite is Fletch Won, which is a hilarious prequel book. I think Kevin Smith (a HUGE original Fletch fan) has been trying to make it into a movie for years.