Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flo network adapters for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All - traveling in Canada right now with my Model Y and have to veer off the TransCanada. I see the Flo network stations are there but charging with the J1772 adapter is, well, not a pleasant experience. Its SLOOOWWW.

It looks like you need the Chademo adapter and of course they are all sold out on the Tesla site. Any after market product to find in short notice? Any advice?

The Setec CCS adapter does work on Flo (AddEnergie SmartDC) chargers. It's sold in North America by Lectron now and has fairly quick delivery.
It's pretty expensive though.

Thread discussing this adapter:

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
All - traveling in Canada right now with my Model Y and have to veer off the TransCanada. I see the Flo network stations are there but charging with the J1772 adapter is, well, not a pleasant experience. Its SLOOOWWW.

It looks like you need the Chademo adapter and of course they are all sold out on the Tesla site. Any after market product to find in short notice? Any advice?

If you’re in the vicinity of a Tesla store, you could stop in and see if they have a CHAdeMO adapter in stock. That’s how I got mine, although that was last year.

• Informative
Reactions: Vawlkus and GtiMart
Depending on where you are, some local EV groups have chademo adapters for loaning/renting.

Unhappily the Setek adapter listed above was tested on a couple FLO DCFCs in Atlantic Canada and was not reliable for charging. Hopefully they have a firmware update available soon to solve the communication issues.

I second stopping at a Tesla store (or calling ones nearby) to see if there’s a Chademo adapter in stock: frequently a shop would have stock, but not update the website to reflect that.

Reactions: brulaz
I am selling a used (but in perfect working order) Chademo adapter for $500 Canadian (firm). It sells for $530 new (on the Tesla Canada website), but is rarely in stock. I am in Brampton Ontario.

Attachments

• EB505789-06A4-49C5-9114-2F89D1E10DAB.jpeg
    EB505789-06A4-49C5-9114-2F89D1E10DAB.jpeg
    630.7 KB · Views: 412