TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Flood Bags for cars

Discussion in 'Model S' started by nwdiver, Sep 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

This was new to me... wasn't sure where best to post this. For $400 it might be a good idea to have on hand if you live somewhere that could see flooding.

Extreme Vehicle Protection

• Helpful x 1
  2. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

If you are going to bag your car because water is coming, maybe you should just drive it somewhere higher and park it there.

• Like x 2
  3. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Nice. Wish they had a thicker one to protect against hail.

Was at a 50-Tesla gathering relatively recently when the sky turned a lovely shade of light green and all hail broke loose a few miles away. Yeah, that could have been worse. I've never seen or heard of baseball-sized hail before, but apparently they feed their hail well in the Dakotas.

Unless and until Tesla completes the chronically-neglected and what would be the ONLY transcontinental route that doesn't require snow tires and/or chains year-round (that being the I-10 corridor, present conditions notwithstanding), another decent add might be AutoSocks, especially for our older RWD brethren and sistren.

Note the above link is for 19" wheels.

4. Ande

Ande Member

Err.. in case of flood, it will float, bump into things til it's damaged on all sides, the bag will eventually be broken, fill, and sink.
    Is that better ?

5. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

It comes with anchors... I think the intent is that the car is in your garage and you can secure it. I've also seen versions that have bumpers like a boat.