Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida to Minnesota via Montgomery and Birmingham

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive never used a Super Charger and am Taking this trip. My bigest questions are. If I arrive at a hotel that has a destination charger after 9pm, are the chargers most likely going to be already taken? Can anyone tell me if I arrive at the Birmingham or Montgomery Super Chargers at night are they in relatively safe areas??

Ive never used a Super Charger and am Taking this trip. My bigest questions are. If I arrive at a hotel that has a destination charger after 9pm, are the chargers most likely going to be already taken? Can anyone tell me if I arrive at the Birmingham or Montgomery Super Chargers at night are they in relatively safe areas??
I can’t speak from experience to the nighttime safety of the superchargers in Montgomery or Birmingham, but if you download the PlugShare app and search for those superchargers, and then click on the pin for the chargers, you will see two things: comments by users who have been there, and photos of the supercharger and surrounding area. That may give you some helpful info. They both look ok to me, but you can form your own view.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H and Rick g
Upvote 0
If I arrive at a hotel that has a destination charger after 9pm, are the chargers most likely going to be already taken?
I don't usually stay at hotels with chargers--use AirBNB most of the time because Superchargers are so easy--but I have heard the suggestion that it's a good idea to call them and say that you plan on using one, and a lot of places will put out a cone or something to hold a spot for you. Might be worth trying.

Upvote 0