Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Foam cannon/gun for "regular" garden hose?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I'm thinking about getting a foam cannon or gun that I would connect to my regular garden hose. I don't have a pressure washer or anything like that.

Is there a decent foam cannon/gun that I can get that would attach to my garden hose or would I also be needing a pressure washer?

Thanks.

Reactions: fsb1
They make one but it's not nearly as good of foam production as the pressure washer ones (i have both). That said, i have never really been all that happy with the washes i get using either. The foam is fun and looks cool, but always leaves a haze of dirt (or road salt) or whatever was on the car.

I have since reverted to regular old two-bucket washing when i want the car to actually look clean.

I have one similar to this: Amazon.com It's a modified garden sprayer, where they put some holes in the output tube to act as a venturi and draw in more air.

For the same reason as the foam cannons, i avoid the touchless car wash and i am never happy with the overall spotlessness after i go through one. At this point, i only use the carwash when it's below freezing and i'm in too much a hurry to wash it inside the garage.

Another downside of the foam cannons is they use like 4x the soap of a normal bucket wash. Overall just a waste of soap considering how much less clean the car ends up.

I've seen some people prewash with the cannon, then do a regular bucket wash, but it seems pretty redundant to me. And uses a ton of soap too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tha_Ape and fsb1
I got a Foam King Foam Gun. Works great! I imagine other brands are just as good. I often use a cheap car soap from Walmart but use twice as much. Still much less expensive than Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash. You still need to wash the car with a mitt or cloth.

I like the garden hose foam gun because it is so easy to use. It has a quick disconnect so I can easily change between soaping and rinsing. I also use Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax because, it too, is so easy.

Reactions: Mrdrbot23
I see, so the EQP44 needs an additional attachment (pressure washer)? Or is it more involved and upgrades to plumbing would be needed, etc.?

The Foam Blaster 6 is about half the price, but you mentioned that both work well? Would you say that the EQP324 is a lot better?

image.jpg
Just bought and used this little guy with my garden hose. Seemed effective. It does use a lot of soap. I will use it again.

Reactions: Scubamikey
I see, so the EQP44 needs an additional attachment (pressure washer)? Or is it more involved and upgrades to plumbing would be needed, etc.?

The Foam Blaster 6 is about half the price, but you mentioned that both work well? Would you say that the EQP324 is a lot better?

For the EQP324, you definitely need a pressure washer. For the Torq Foam Blaster 6, you do not.

With that being said, which one works better, I would definitely say the EQP324 works much better and utilizes soap more efficiently. However, if you don't have a pressure washer, then Foam Blaster 6 works just fine.

• Informative
Reactions: BitJam