Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Foam Cannon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since this is turning into a general washing thread and a number of folks may be investing in some new gear, I'd just like to pass on one of the most important tidbits I've ever learned about washing/detailing cars:

Get good quality microfiber towels and most importantly, treat them RIGHT! That means keep them protected from dust and debris in the garage, do not wash/dry with fabric softener or dryer sheets, dry only on low, and inspect regularly for little bits of crud that inevitably become lodged in the fibers.

Looks good! I am going to wait a bit and see if the sunjoe 3000 gets closer to $100.

Looks good! I am going to wait a bit and see if the sunjoe 3000 gets closer to $100.

I made the plunge. Its originally $299, $100 off was a nice discount and I just got a new house so I assume I will use it for many other projects down the road so a more powerful one can't be too bad.

Too bad its going to rain Saturday as I am excited to get going on this! My black car is a week old and already begging for a wash!

• Love
Reactions: Chancellor32
If you can manage to get your car wrapped with Paint Protection Film & Ceramic Coating, it will make the maintenance process easier and really preserve the finish. I did not do it on my first Tesla & regretted not doing so. We took both our new Model S and our new Model 3 straight from delivery to the PPF installer. I highly recommend it if you can.

Reactions: GroovaEV

If anyone interested this worked great! I gave a quick test run last night and man the foam was shaving cream-esque. Easy set up, nice hardware, and good price for the power. I cant wait to give my black one a whirl soon but rain in the forecast. Highly recommended for anyone also looking and its on sale until Monday I believe.

• Informative
Reactions: Bblsttx
5E423B3D-108C-45F3-9EAA-7458A58599AA.jpeg
D5600F79-A9A5-487A-8CD0-10A7CD66D06C.jpeg
For what it’s worth I bought the small electric Ryobi pressure washer from Home Depot this week . I have a big gas one but this is so much more convenient to use for washing cars . It was only $97 and I am very pleased with the results . Used a generic foam cannon and chemical guys soap . You don’t need a big powerful pressure washer to get good foam.

RYOBI 1,600 PSI 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer-RY141612 - The Home Depot

Reactions: DaDoc04
View attachment 396160 View attachment 396161 For what it’s worth I bought the small electric Ryobi pressure washer from Home Depot this week . I have a big gas one but this is so much more convenient to use for washing cars . It was only $97 and I am very pleased with the results . Used a generic foam cannon and chemical guys soap . You don’t need a big powerful pressure washer to get good foam.

RYOBI 1,600 PSI 1.2 GPM Electric Pressure Washer-RY141612 - The Home Depot

Such a satisfying look! Are you all spraying it with water first and THEN doing the foam cannon or just straight to the cannon? I did straight to the cannon last night and came out great.