Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

fob question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting tired of the inconsistencies when using our iPhones as a key so I’m considering buying a fob(s). My question:

Can I buy/use ONE fob (for me and my wife) and set TWO individual driver profiles? Or would I need to buy TWO fob’s?

It is one profile associated with each fob. If one of you uses the car 90% of the time and the other only occasionally set up the fob for the primary drivers profile, and the occasional driver will have to select their profile after they get into the car... if you both use the car about the same amount you can associate the fob with a "neutral" easy entry seat and wheel position and both select your individual profiles from the screen when you get in to drive.

Keith

PS: Or you can just get two fobs :)

It is one profile associated with each fob. If one of you uses the car 90% of the time and the other only occasionally set up the fob for the primary drivers profile, and the occasional driver will have to select their profile after they get into the car... if you both use the car about the same amount you can associate the fob with a "neutral" easy entry seat and wheel position and both select your individual profiles from the screen when you get in to drive.

Keith

PS: Or you can just get two fobs :)
Thanks for the quick reply, so happy wife, happy life. I’ll buy two fob(s). Cheers

Reactions: 101dals