Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you clone a Homelink entry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the exact scenario you are describing but I don’t think you could clone the car signal. You need to have a fob and create a second identifier and gps location. As far as I can see there’s only one location each identifier. I believe from reading but not trying it yet there is a voice command for Homelink that may bring up the list?

An article on this... not sure if they used the term 'flipper zero' as clickbait but sounds more like a Man In The Middle attack. If an attacker gains access to your Tesla account, they can change your password, change your Drive PIN, etc.

Want to Steal a Tesla? Try Using a Flipper Zero
It's not even MTM, it's pure social engineering with a fake page and web portal. They aren't inserting themselves into a regular process that a Tesla owner would do.

Reactions: eevee-fan
This should be simple, but seems to be impossible. I have two automatic gates into my gated community, and I got my car (2023 MYP) set up for the gate I normally use. Borrowed a fob, drove to the gate, saved the signal, etc. Now when I come up to that gate it opens for me. So far, great!

But I have another gate I seldom use, and I would like to open it in the same way. It's the same signal - the fob I used opened either gate - but I know longer have the fob to clone from. When I go to that gate I have to stop and put in a gate code.

I'd like to clone the old entry to a new one, using the same signal but moved to another (GPS) location. Any way to get that done? Any way to simply bring up the other gate entry manually and fire it off?
Create a second HomeLink in your car. Program the same fob to the second HomeLink, drive up to the gate and program it to trigger at a certain distance of your liking and once it is stored you will have no problem whether you enter from gate 1 or gate 2 as the GPS recognizes the location and fires the signal appropriately. You can only program 3 doors/gates max to your car. So if you have more than one garage door you will have to program the gates to one HomeLink button where one of the can be programmed to open automatically and the other will need to be opened manually. That is as good as it is going to get.

Create a second HomeLink in your car. Program the same fob to the second HomeLink, drive up to the gate and program it to trigger at a certain distance of your liking and once it is stored you will have no problem whether you enter from gate 1 or gate 2 as the GPS recognizes the location and fires the signal appropriately. You can only program 3 doors/gates max to your car. So if you have more than one garage door you will have to program the gates to one HomeLink button where one of the can be programmed to open automatically and the other will need to be opened manually. That is as good as it is going to get.
Did you notice the part where I said I didn't have the fob?

Did you notice the part where I said I didn't have the fob?
If you have good relations with a neighbor, you can borrow the fob for a few minutes and replicate it. All fobs for community gates are the same. They do not identify anyone with the fob. So yes! You can still create a second link. If not just ask whoever manages the gates to provide you one. I dont see why it is so complicated.

If you have good relations with a neighbor, you can borrow the fob for a few minutes and replicate it. All fobs for community gates are the same. They do not identify anyone with the fob. So yes! You can still create a second link. If not just ask whoever manages the gates to provide you one. I dont see why it is so complicated.
It's not. It's tedious in that it is forcing me to do work that should be 'clonable'. Suppose I had a master FOB for some HOA job that needed me to open dozens of gates. Anyway, what I'd like is a software change such that I could pull up an existing entry, and make a copy that in simply making the copy updated the GPS coordinates to where I was doing this. Easy.

It's not. It's tedious in that it is forcing me to do work that should be 'clonable'. Suppose I had a master FOB for some HOA job that needed me to open dozens of gates. Anyway, what I'd like is a software change such that I could pull up an existing entry, and make a copy that in simply making the copy updated the GPS coordinates to where I was doing this. Easy.
Unfortunately, HomeLink module limits you to a maximum of 3 programs. If you had a dozen gates you could simply use one program but you will have to operate it manually. Automatic linked to GPS is desirable but that option is not there. Maybe someone can come up with a hack?