Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fog Lights Mini Cracks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have fog lights that look like they have a lot of mini cracks on them? Is this typical? Anyone have this fixed under warranty? I have one light that has a big crack in it. The other has a lot of small crack type marks that won't clean off. Thanks.
20230509_210634.jpg
20230507_125033.jpg

Can you feel them with your fingernail as being cracks on the outside of the lens? Is your car kept outside? What type of driving conditions has the car been in? I've never heard of the plastic just cracking on it's own, not to say that it isn't possible. I just checked them on my 2018 LR Model 3 and they don't have this issue.

Can you feel them with your fingernail as being cracks on the outside of the lens? Is your car kept outside? What type of driving conditions has the car been in? I've never heard of the plastic just cracking on it's own, not to say that it isn't possible. I just checked them on my 2018 LR Model 3 and they don't have this issue.
Thanks for the data point. Yes I can feel them with a fingernail. My car has always been kept in a garage except when I've gone on a road trip at a hotel etc. Driving conditions have mostly been pretty mild. I've gone skiing and been in the snow some. I did get caught in an freezing rain in Texas one time but I don't think that caused it.

Years ago I noticed some sort of liquid residue inside both headlights on the reflectors. Tesla Service Center replaced both headlights and I saw it in the replacements too. They looked at every headlight in their inventory and they all had it. Said they called Tesla and they were aware the issue and my service center said they would get back with me when there was a solution. Clearly it was a supplier issue. Well, they never got back with me and now my car is outside the warranty. But I guess it would still be covered since it was a pre existing issue, unless the service advisor didn't note that the replacement headlights had the same residue. It's a two hour drive to them and I never got around to going back, plus they have to remove the entire front fascia to get the headlights out, so I'd be there for hours and then drive two hours back home making it an all day appointment.

So I think mobile service will also have to remove your car's front fascia to get to the fog light lenses.

Update. Mobile service came and replaced one of the fog lights under warranty. They said they'll be back and replace the other under warranty when they get the part. Overall it was very nice mobile service experience.

Reactions: Resist