Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For All of Those Who Challenged My Stance Over the Years on OHMMU Batteries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This video does a GREAT job of summarizing the incredibly important reasons to NOT swap the OEM low-volt battery for one of these at any cost, let alone over 2.5x OEM replacement cost.

Even if you subscribe to the "benefits" this touts, none of them apply to a Tesla given the relatively nonexistent requirement for load like an ICE vehicle.

Like I said, nothing more than modern day snake oil positioned to dupe a demographic that thinks they're paying a premium for a premium product. In the end, your turn signals won't perform any better regardless of what this company tries to tell you.

Stick with OEM 12v battery replacements and invest your resources of money & time into other more important items in which you may actually find some sort of benefit. This OHMMU thing is a complete crock for Teslas though.

it could make a good off-grid / solar powerbank for an RV maybe
I use the old one to recharge my auto-gate opener.

I had some concerns about the sub freezing charging which is mainly why I gave up outside the software monitoring update around 2021.44.x update from memory. The newer replacement with less capacity did the same. And I couldn't handle the constant nag and load shed issue. Very easy to end up with a 1% 12V battery if you aren't there to catch it.

Def agree the power stations and other batteries need to start putting nutrition facts on the side of them.