Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: 2014 Tesla Model S P85D - mint condition - 34k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried KBB for both here and Phoenix and the KBB private party number was only $300 less in AZ, not $5k as you suggested.
Here’s the difference in price from being in California, Thousand Oaks and in Arizona, Mesa
I chose an expensive area in California and an average area in Arizona. Give me your zip in California and we can see how much it varies
537A219A-F540-4446-95AC-ED8892192F22.png
C8677EED-B7FF-4576-9F63-9E88ABA132B5.png
3E738533-C5A4-4D05-9C9D-ABDFFEB13FE6.png
D413D9E4-FDA8-44C5-80D9-300ACDD80A64.png

I didn’t know the exact specs so I just put leather seats, sunroof and adaptive headlights. The only other option would have been carbon fiber decor to add

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
SOLD!!!!!

To all of the haters out there...it took a little while, but just sold my 2014 Tesla Model S P85D at $52.5k. A few lessons learned for those selling Teslas in the future:

1) Craigslist was the best source of leads. I had to pay $5 twice (each ad only lasts 30 days). Definitely worth $10 but beware scammers. I had 2 separate people contact me saying they wanted to buy the car, but their bank required them to get a VIN report from some web site I never heard of (2 different web sites), vs Carfax which everyone has heard of. They want you to go spend $25 to get the report and send it to them. I suspect they then take your credit card and go to town. In both cases they offer to pay you an extra $25 if they buy the car.

2) Trying to sell on here did not help much. A bunch of haters who said the car was overpriced or missing features that it wasn't. It's really depressing to read threads from uninformed dickheads trying to show how much they know. If you're ever not 99% sure of what you're saying, or nobody asked for your opinion on the price, keep it to yourself. It's not fair to the sellers, and I've heard this from others as well in this thread and via direct messages.

3) I bought my car from Tesla 12/24/14, so it was classified as a 2014. If I had waited a week, the Kelley Blue Book would be $5k higher. As of a few months ago, Tesla has finally adopted the industry standard where "2020 models" start in the fall of 2019. So if you buy right now, you are buying a 2020. That would've helped me a lot.

4) Tesla offered either $47 or 48k (I can't recall). If you've got a little time be patient. Kelley Blue Book was $54k for excellent condition private party sale, so I was willing to wait to get close to that.

5) I had a number of near misses with people who loved my car, but decided to buy a new Model 3. The prices are relatively similar, but the performance is not. I am not sure what I will buy now, but if I do get another Tesla, I will lease it as the resale is pretty poor and there are many new EVs coming on the market from Ford, Audi, VW, Porsche, etc. I suspect resale values will suffer.

6) When you sell, be sure to find the "factory reset" switch inside the display screens. That deletes your navigation history, your bluetooth phone, your garage door opener, etc.

I think that's it. Good luck to all of the sellers out there, and if any of you ever have any specific questions, feel free to message me directly.
Thanks for the feedback and information.