Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TwistedGray

Ludicrous > Ludacris
Mar 12, 2021
Monterey Bay, CA
Year:

Model:

Asking Price:

Current Mileage:

Estimated Range at 100% Charge:

Exterior Color:

Interior Color:

Number of previous owners:

Autopilot (Yes/No):
If yes, which version:

Full Self Driving (FSD) (Yes/No):

Limited Warranty (Yes/No):
If yes, month and year it expires and/or remaining miles:

Battery / Drive Unit Warranty (Yes/No):
If yes, month and year it expires and/or remaining miles:

Are Service Records Available (Yes/No):

Does Free Unlimited SuperCharging (FUSC) Transfer (Yes/No):

Free Premium Connectivity (Yes/No):
Connectivity (3G/LTE):

Which MCU (MCU1/MCU2):

Any additional features or add-ons (PPF, tint, ceramic coating, ...):

Accident History:

There are so many threads posted on here that lack even the most basic information, so I tried to think what questions a potential buyer would have and created a template off of that.

Let me know what I am missing!

This should become a STICKIED thread in an attempt to standardize the for sale posts that are added on a near daily basis by existing and new members who joined just to list a vehicle.

forum rules should dictate this as a requirement.

For some reason people think this is eBay and are asking for bidding wars, or TELL ME WHAT ITS WORTH. Then when they hear a low price, they get offended when they find out their car isn't worth what Tesla or a real car dealership can charge. So many people think their car is also worth thousands more, since they chose to wrap it, put PPF or so on. Sure, shoot for the moon, but there is such a lack of understanding that "tasteful mods" or paint protection does not necessary as thousand and thousands to a car. If Carmax/carvana/shift regularly sell 2018 Model 3 long range for 35-40k, why are you going to ask 45k "because it has ONLY been hand washed its who life."

Then there are the "COMING SOON" threads. Why? You're not selling a car yet.

I am not sure if TMC sellers are just uneducated or really don't understand how to sell cars, but that's just a reality. Sometimes the truth hurts.

People also don't understand buying a car from a private party is not the same as buying a dealer which may offer, financing, inspections, buyback guarantees and so on. If all things are equal, a person would be crazy to buy a car for the same price from a private party vs. a dealer setup that offers buyer protection, even if the "protection" is weak. Then they try to justify their insane asking by sending a screenshot of tesla's used inventory, yet they ignore the other big dealers with dozens of cars for 10k less than theirs. It's a free market, but again, don't get upset when your "baby" isn't worth what you think it is.

Sadly, the people selling cars or making the listings that need this template probably won't read this thread. But it would be awesome if the mod's made your template a pre-req to list something.

forum rules should dictate this as a requirement.

For some reason people think this is eBay and are asking for bidding wars, or TELL ME WHAT ITS WORTH. Then when they hear a low price, they get offended when they find out their car isn't worth what Tesla or a real car dealership can charge. So many people think their car is also worth thousands more, since they chose to wrap it, put PPF or so on. Sure, shoot for the moon, but there is such a lack of understanding that "tasteful mods" or paint protection does not necessary as thousand and thousands to a car. If Carmax/carvana/shift regularly sell 2018 Model 3 long range for 35-40k, why are you going to ask 45k "because it has ONLY been hand washed its who life."

Then there are the "COMING SOON" threads. Why? You're not selling a car yet.

I am not sure if TMC sellers are just uneducated or really don't understand how to sell cars, but that's just a reality. Sometimes the truth hurts.

People also don't understand buying a car from a private party is not the same as buying a dealer which may offer, financing, inspections, buyback guarantees and so on. If all things are equal, a person would be crazy to buy a car for the same price from a private party vs. a dealer setup that offers buyer protection, even if the "protection" is weak. Then they try to justify their insane asking by sending a screenshot of tesla's used inventory, yet they ignore the other big dealers with dozens of cars for 10k less than theirs. It's a free market, but again, don't get upset when your "baby" isn't worth what you think it is.

Sadly, the people selling cars or making the listings that need this template probably won't read this thread. But it would be awesome if the mod's made your template a pre-req to list something.

Agreed (mostly) on all parts, more specifically the last comment (which I made bold). Nearly every other forum I frequent has some kind of template/policy/structure in place, and they're all a fraction of the size of this place from the perspective of frequency of visitors, new members, etc.

I think a lot of what causes the issue here is there is no requirement before someone can list something for sale. Sign up, list your car, poof! I am not a proponent of changing that, but I would like to see some standardization of classified posts so that when someone posts next to no information, I can flame them without remorse : )

Anything missing from my template?

Reactions: Guod
Nice list. I'm always looking for the following as well:

- Which trim features did the car come with (Tech Package, Cold Weather Package, UHFS, etc)? This would be separate from the additional add-ons like PPF.

- How often was the car supercharged? What is the current max speed of supercharging (roughly)?

Reactions: TwistedGray
Agreed (mostly) on all parts, more specifically the last comment (which I made bold). Nearly every other forum I frequent has some kind of template/policy/structure in place, and they're all a fraction of the size of this place from the perspective of frequency of visitors, new members, etc.

I think a lot of what causes the issue here is there is no requirement before someone can list something for sale. Sign up, list your car, poof! I am not a proponent of changing that, but I would like to see some standardization of classified posts so that when someone posts next to no information, I can flame them without remorse : )

Anything missing from my template?
I would just add:

"Is vehicle leased or purchased"

"Do you own the vehicle outright and have title in hand?"

Reactions: TwistedGray
A suggestion could be to list all of the specific Tesla option codes, ex: SC01, etc.
From what I understand this information is buried in the owners Tesla acct. and Tesla won’t share this if supplied a vin# as it’s considered private info.
This would be the same info obtained on EV-CPO if the vehicle was listed with that website.

Reactions: EV-CPO
A suggestion could be to list all of the specific Tesla option codes, ex: SC01, etc.
From what I understand this information is buried in the owners Tesla acct. and Tesla won’t share this if supplied a vin# as it’s considered private info.
This would be the same info obtained on EV-CPO if the vehicle was listed with that website.
Tesla will share that info as long as you ask nicely and explain why you want that particular code. They understand.

Reactions: nicedrum
Which part of Tesla do you call to confirm a code? Would it be the local sales office? I've never called Tesla before but randomly have this very same need (verifying a SC01 vs SC05 code).
Sales or service, but you gotta call.
Unfortunately for me, Tesla chat was unwilling to share this info with me citing privacy issues.
Real person on the phone (or in person, if it's convenient).