Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Forged Referral Wheels Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I selected my 22" referral wheels in the app on February 1st and was told 8-10 weeks by the customer service rep I was working with at the time. (I had issues with referral awards not showing up in the app, so the rep was helping me out.) He said to contact him if I didn't hear back from my service center after 10 weeks. I waited 12 weeks, then followed up again. This was the reply I received:

This was a few weeks ago. I have an appointment with my SC (made via the app) to have the wheels installed next month. We'll see if the wheels are actually there when I show up.

Update: My appointment was this morning. The wheels were not there. In fact, they had no record of my wheel order in their systems at all. They said the information given to me by the customer service rep was incorrect.

Make an appointment directly with your local service center. That's the new procedure for referral wheels.
I got my wheels installed in a week (from Fremont center)

Frustratingly, this doesn't seem to be the procedure for all service centers.

I selected my 22" referral wheels in the app on February 1st and was told 8-10 weeks by the customer service rep I was working with at the time. (I had issues with referral awards not showing up in the app, so the rep was helping me out.) He said to contact him if I didn't hear back from my service center after 10 weeks. I waited 12 weeks, then followed up again. This was the reply I received:

This was a few weeks ago. I have an appointment with my SC (made via the app) to have the wheels installed next month. We'll see if the wheels are actually there when I show up.

I made an appointment with my SC for the same and to my surprise, the wheels were actually there and got them installed.

Nice! Did you receive a confirmation email of any sort indicating the wheels were ready at the SC? Or did you just make the appointment and show up?

I just made the appointment and crossed my fingers lol. I was totally preparing myself that they weren’t there, but sure enough, they said it arrived the night before

Make an appointment directly with your local service center. That's the new procedure for referral wheels.
I got my wheels installed in a week (from Fremont center)

+1
Upon inquiring, the referral desk advised I should simply request the wheel upgrade in the Tesla app. Did that, and they came back with a mobile service appointment about a week out. Tesla Mobile installed them in my driveway yesterday. I am glad they were free, but they do look pretty good! I was surprised they were delivered by mobile service, since I am only about 20 minutes from my SC.

I have just over 20,000 miles on my 20’s, and they really looked very good. Don’t know if I can could get another 20k from them, but close.

Last edited:
+1
Upon inquiring, the referral desk advised I should simply request the wheel upgrade in the Tesla app. Did that, and they came back with a mobile service appointment about a week out. Tesla Mobile installed them in my driveway yesterday. I am glad they were free, but they do look pretty good! I was surprised they were delivered by mobile service, since I am only about 20 minutes from my SC.

I have just over 20,000 miles on my 20’s, and they really looked very good. Don’t know if I can could get another 20k from them, but close.
Could you please share photos of the new wheels?