Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Foto of towing package with detached hook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I configured my EU Model X last week. Now I'm not sure if I should choose the towing package.

Could someone please post a foto how the car looks like when the towing hook is not attached? I would expect that you don't see that much of the towing pacakge then.

I configured my EU Model X last week. Now I'm not sure if I should choose the towing package.

Could someone please post a foto how the car looks like when the towing hook is not attached? I would expect that you don't see that much of the towing pacakge then.
There are some pictures floating around in this forum somewhere, but you don’t see anything if the hitch is not installed - it’s covered by a dust cover. Here is a clip from the owner’s manual:
Dust Cover - Hitch.jpg

[Here is a link to the NA Owner’s Manual so you can look up things: https://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/Model_X_Owners_Manual_Touchscreen_7.1_DAS_AP_North_America_R20160119.pdf]

Roamer: Does the trunk still open with that bike on there? We're trying to find a good bike rack for our tow hitch and ideally we'd like the trunk to open without removing the bike.
Just looking at it, I'm going to say no. It might tilt down and away with the bike still on it though. Most of them do.

Here is the hitch mount rack that I would like to get. It will tilt down and away. vangogh posted some photos of it in a thread. I'll look for it.

1UPUSA.com Bicycle Racks

Here's vangogh's thread with pictures...

Nice Bike Rack for the X....

Last edited: