Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bosal hitch receiver dust cap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We recently bought a 2023 Model X Plaid and the prior owner not only kept the tow package that came with the car, it looks like they may have used it once (car only has 2,200 miles) and when they did they removed the dust cap and took that with them too. We’re gonna buy another tow package kit but in the meantime, I’d like to replace the cap to keep the receiver and all its grease clean. Anybody know where I can find that cap? Thank you.

I attached pictures I took when I removed the outer cover to see what was left behind.

Attachments

• IMG_7181.jpeg
    IMG_7181.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7182.jpeg
    IMG_7182.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7183.jpeg
    IMG_7183.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 21
I have a brand new 2023 MXP took delivery Dec 23, just installed the hitch and realized mine did not have a dust cap on it at all.
Your new Plaid X came with the "Towing Package", right? I was watching a video where someone was installing the hitch on their Model X and it shows the dust cap. I'd like something to keep that greasy area clean when I'm not running a hitch. Ugh. I'll keep looking around.