Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found bug on Tesla iOS app regarding Auto Unlock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
My Auto Unlock has been flawless since I got the car usjng an iPhoneX and my wife’s iPhone 6s.

The other day when I received Version 48 on the Car I went through the app to see if any new settings existed.

So I saw this option called “Face ID” that was off. Most apps that offer that type of option I unusually enable.

So I turned it on. Thinking it might be more secure. Then for the next few days my phone no longer auto unlocked the car when I walked up to it. I had to use the App to unlock it. At first I blamed version 48. Then I thought about that “Face ID” option. And thought Oh sh$t that’s what it’s for. If someone steals your phone they have your key. And they don’t need to unlock your phone. This option forces you to unlock your phone “with Face ID”.

So, ok, no problem I’ll just turn that back off. Bzzzzt no luck. To confirm it was my app and phone, I tried my wife’s phone and it worked fine.

Rebooted car, air plane mode, hard reboot phone. Still required app running with an unlocked screen. Finally I uninstalled the app, reinstalled and now it’s working perfect again.

Be sure you want that feature because once it’s on, it doesn’t like turning off.