Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Found this wire on the passenger side foot well. Anyone know what it is? (Model S 2018)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7468.jpeg
IMG_7469.jpeg
IMG_7471.jpeg

As a random guess, looks like power and ground for a light, like a light down around the seat. Or power and ground for a motor involved in the power seats. I suspect that if you look carefully under the seat and up and in near where you found this bit, you'll find the other end of the connector. There's often bits of a wire harness up there.

As a random guess, looks like power and ground for a light, like a light down around the seat. Or power and ground for a motor involved in the power seats. I suspect that if you look carefully under the seat and up and in near where you found this bit, you'll find the other end of the connector. There's often bits of a wire harness up there.
Check to see if both you "puddle lights" (left and right side) are coming on when the door is opened. In my 2018MS the factory forgot to connect that wire to the light fixture on the bottom of the passenger door. It was found pinched between the door panel card and the door frame.