Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Founder's Powerwall Installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who do you guys contact to get the red signed version switched to just the white one? Phone number or email address and any idea what that is?
If you haven't been contacted by Tesla energy than you are not ready for an install yet. I went through the site survey and PGE sign-up before I was given the opportunity to switch to white. Red should be available this summer but I doubt it. I just wanted them installed no matter what color.

Reactions: zanary
I just received a email from Tesla to install founders power at a discounted price. There is 1,000 credit for installation. Is this worth it ??
upload_2019-9-2_20-22-7.png

If you're in Northern California (ie, PG&E Service Area), and you are installing 3 + Powerwalls, you're required to install an NGOM (Net Generation Output Meter) if paired with PV. This add complexity to the install and thus it's more expensive once you are installing 3 or above.

If you're in Northern California (ie, PG&E Service Area), and you are installing 3 + Powerwalls, you're required to install an NGOM (Net Generation Output Meter) if paired with PV. This add complexity to the install and thus it's more expensive once you are installing 3 or above.

Same with SDG&E.

Installation prices were raised about 6 months ago on PW installs. Previously, they were something stupid low like $1000 (for that plus another $1000 flat fee for behind-the-wall wiring I had a team of 3 electricians on site for 4 days, and then 3 more follow up visits). Tesla probably got wise that they were losing their shirts on labor costs.

I was just quoted (today) exactly the same thing. $3000 installation service. $500 permitting fees. $1000 award credit. Net $2500. In Northern California. PG&E. Referral award. Seems a bit unfair since they raised the prices for installation recently even though I was awarded the powerwall 18 months ago.

I was just quoted (today) exactly the same thing. $3000 installation service. $500 permitting fees. $1000 award credit. Net $2500. In Northern California. PG&E. Referral award. Seems a bit unfair since they raised the prices for installation recently even though I was awarded the powerwall 18 months ago.

that's about right for Northern Cali. That's what everyone is getting, however if you're just adding an additional Powerwall, the installation charge is cut in 1/2 because you pretty much have everything including the Gateway already!