Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FPL EVolution DCFC Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a question about the actual pricing after taxes at the FPL stations.

The Tesla $/kWh lists the total price charged including all taxes, so you know from the start what the total will be. So if you see in the car or app that it's .30/kWh and you pull 40 kWh, the total on the CC will be $12.00, nice and clean.

I used an FPL EVolution station to DCFC on the road. In the app it lists .30/kWh, but after the charging was done (42 kWh) it turned out to be more like .39/kWh with the fees and taxes included. There are 5 separate line items, ~18% in taxes and another ~1.10$ in flat fees.

I wish FPL would list the actual price/kWh including all taxes, like Tesla does. I guess I'll just have to figure it will be closer to .39/kWh and not .30/kWh (seems like all the FPL DCFC list .30/kWh).

Anyone else have similar experiences with the FPL chargers? If so, what did the actual per kWh charge come out to?

Even if different cities/counties have different tax amounts, FPL could still list the true cost like Tesla.

This was in West Palm Beach:
FPL.jpg