Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FPL Solar PV Standby charges?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nwdiver

Feb 17, 2013
United States
I'm working on a Rate Case in NM and Florida came up as having standby charges for Solar PV. I've reviewed SST-1 and can't find what these standby charges are. Anyone have FPL as a utility that can tell me how much they pay FPL to have solar?

Thank you

I have solar and I am not aware of any fee associated with my solar. In fact, they allow net metering so it is possible to actually collect money from them. It's a wholesale prices so it's not worth it but it is possible.

They even switched my meter over to the net meter and I don't recall any fee associated with it. Below is my actual bill.

Jason
Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 7.08.12 AM.png

I have solar and I am not aware of any fee associated with my solar. In fact, they allow net metering so it is possible to actually collect money from them. It's a wholesale prices so it's not worth it but it is possible.

They even switched my meter over to the net meter and I don't recall any fee associated with it. Below is my actual bill.

JasonView attachment 294549

Hey Jason,

What kind of solar set up do you have?

11.69 (Max Tier 1 system per FPL).

Solar water heater

40 - LG ELECTRONICS SOLAR CELL DIVISION LG285S1C-G4 285 WATT PANELS

Solaredge SE11400 Inverter

And for reference... my house is 3600sq/ft under air. We have two Brand new Lennox variable speed condensers and handlers. Also have a variable speed pool pump. Wife does laundry practically everyday. And we have two Teslas charging at home. We probably drive a combined 20k miles a year.

I’m pretty happy with our bill. Max bill in summer is around $150ish (maybe less). Our lowest bill was $18 last year in March I think. I’m guessing we make about $200 worth of electric a month on average.

Reactions: GoCanes
And for reference... my house is 3600sq/ft under air. We have two Brand new Lennox variable speed condensers and handlers. Also have a variable speed pool pump. Wife does laundry practically everyday. And we have two Teslas charging at home. We probably drive a combined 20k miles a year.

I’m pretty happy with our bill. Max bill in summer is around $150ish (maybe less). Our lowest bill was $18 last year in March I think. I’m guessing we make about $200 worth of electric a month on average.

Nice set up! :D