Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fragile lumbar adjustment buttons snap off - 12/18 TM3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have this happen with kids?

This is the second time he messed up the lumbar back and seat buttons. GRRR, I am so mad but at the same time I know he didn't do it on purpose. Kid is growing and tends to not look where he's stepping when exiting the car.

Any pointers? Tesla fixed it for free the first time, so hopefully I'll get the same fate.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 2.23.06 PM.png

Reactions: afadeev
Anyone else have this happen with kids?

This is the second time he messed up the lumbar back and seat buttons. GRRR, I am so mad but at the same time I know he didn't do it on purpose. Kid is growing and tends to not look where he's stepping when exiting the car.

Any pointers? Tesla fixed it for free the first time, so hopefully I'll get the same fate.

Yep.
Mine (on the passenger side) came broken from the factory - it fell off the first time I touched it.

It's been on back-order from the factory, and I'm still waiting for the dealership call when it gets back in stock.
You can finagle it back in place, and sort-of use it, but it will fall off if you are not careful.

Just cheap and crappy plastic piece, with retention tabs broken on the inside.