Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

From curious to placing a Model 3 reservation for South Africa!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Already have solar system installed at work, in anticipation.
The inverter is literally on the other side of the wall from my parking space. Would require a cable about 1m long, depending on my parking skills and where the charge bay on the car is located.)
Will be adding more panels over time. Including about 6 very important ones sometime around 2020....

Reactions: Jeff4155
Congrats Rob from Nelspruit, would love to see the local installation with a Tesla connected to the other end, I am still new when it comes to installation of the solar products, but would you only need 6 solar panels to produce enough kw for a standard full charge? of course the batteries and inverter would also be needed.

Yeah Rob - we are sitting with 18 solar panels on the garage roof from a 'failed' PV/solar system installed by a clueless idiot.............Still trying to sort it out!

But my intention was always to hook an EV on the end....When the time is right another 6-12 panels will join the flock.

I had pretty well lost interest in cars - so few appealed (this after many many years as a petrolhead...) that we still drive around in 17 year old cars and couldn't countenance spending a shedload on something new.

But then Tesla came along and I am even willing to sell investments to buy a new M3 when they finally get here. The MT videos finally show it in all its glory! Hopefully I'll keep it for another 20 years!