Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front and Rear End parking assist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I now own a 2023 MY, but I don’t have a functional front or rear parking assist feature. Does any one know if this feature will be added to the 2023 MY? It’s my first car that I have bought in 10 years that did not have it - thanks

I now own a 2023 MY, but I don’t have a functional front or rear parking assist feature. Does any one know if this feature will be added to the 2023 MY? It’s my first car that I have bought in 10 years that did not have it - thanks
Read the 1000 other threads discussing this rather than starting yet another..

Reactions: Mullermn
Tesla said they will implement the park assist feature through the cameras. But they did not give a timeline. Their website says it will be coming in all cars sold without the ultrasonic sensors, so your 2023 is in.

Everyone had to acknowledge this prior to proceeding with order.
1673209642124.png

Everyone had to acknowledge this prior to proceeding with order.
View attachment 893684
Mine was similar but said that it would be available "in the coming weeks". This was in November. Also, if you don't proceed with Delivery the order is cancelled and they don't refund your deposit even though the Purchase agreement indicates you can get your deposit back if they remove a feature.

Mine was similar but said that it would be available "in the coming weeks". This was in November. Also, if you don't proceed with Delivery the order is cancelled and they don't refund your deposit even though the Purchase agreement indicates you can get your deposit back if they remove a feature.
Order fee is not the same as deposit. The order fee not being refundable is something you were well aware of. Other automakers take non-refundable order fees too (and change vehicles options prior to contract execution).

I would not expect it any time soon. People will start to forget about it and then there will be no incentive to change.

I still don't understand how they will use Tesla Vision for this. Half the time my side or rear cameras are fogged/dirty.

Order fee is not the same as deposit. The order fee not being refundable is something you were well aware of. Other automakers take non-refundable order fees too (and change vehicles options prior to contract execution).
Here is the exact line from the order agreement “
We may also cancel your order and refund your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee if we discontinue a product, feature or option after the time you place your order.” They refused to do this for me with respect of removing the park assist feature.