Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front end alignment tire wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 Model S Performance with 18,000 miles. Both original front tires were identically worn down to the inside metal cords resulting in a flat tire. Took it to the Tesla service center in Pomona two times to correct alignment issues shortly after purchasing the vehicle new. Resulting in 3 alignments in the first couple of months of ownership. The factory alignment and additional alignments resulting in two service center visits. Was assured everything was finally resolved. Vehicle drove fine so I didn’t think about this again, that is until I got a flat and discovered both front tires were trashed at 18,000 miles. Outside tire wear looked almost new. Insides showed metal cord all the way around. Replaced both tires with new factory spec ones. Here’s my issue. Tried speaking with someone at Tesla about this, found it impossible to do so, so I was forced to make an appointment with the Rancho service center for an alignment and to actually speak with someone. Assumed they would accommodate my concerns and at minimum offer a free alignment. Had also hoped for some compensation on the $661 replacement tires. Nope …. Nothing. And they still charged me $205 for an alignment. Said I should’ve brought my vehicle in for inspection every 6K miles. No other manufacturer that I’m aware of has this “requirement”. These are warrantied 50k mile tire. In summery, I’m very disappointed with Tesla’s handling in this matter. This is my second Model S bought new, both fully optioned, and I have a standing reservation on a Model S Plaid. Clearly the alignment was never correct from day one. Considering cancelling my Plaid order now. This experience has taken me from Tesla fan boy, to questioning if I want another Tesla. already spent $250k on two vehicles with another pending $135k on my Plaid order and they won’t spring for a $205 alignment issue with documented history of this being an issue.