Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front End Collapse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was backing my model X out of the garage and suddenly it felt like I had a blow out. All the tires were good, but when I tried to back up a bit more, it still felt like something was wrong. After a bit of back and forth, I realized the front wheel was out of place and rubbing against the side. I had the car towed to Tesla and they are telling me I must have hit something.

If this had happened when I was on the freeway, I likely would not have survived.

The car was in service just a month or so ago and I've not hit anything since then. One or two services ago, I had them check the front end because it sometimes made a bad noise when I started backing out of the garage. They said everything was okay.

So I'm left with just a couple of possibilities:

1) Tesla is lying to get out of honoring the extended warranty (I have a bit more than 1600 miles left on the 80,000 mile warranty.) If this is the case, then I have to assume my Model X is defective and it could happen again to any of the wheels at any time.

2) The front end has been damaged for a while, and Tesla failed to properly inspect it even when I asked them to at a regular service interval. If this is the case, then how can I trust that something else like this isn't going to happen.

3) A pot hole so small that I don't remember hitting it can damage my model X so much as to knock one of the wheels out of place. If this is the case, then my Model X is a death trap and I can't drive it or put my kids in it again.

I love my model X and never imagined I'd ever buy anything other than a Tesla again. Right now I'm thinking I should have it repaired, towed to car max and sell it and never buy a Tesla again.

Can someone please convince me that there is another explanation and I don't have to assume all Teslas are death traps. I don't want to get rid of my Model-X, but I don't see another option.