Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need your input - I'm an idiot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 Model X in the Chicago area. While the Winter has been mild, we had about a 2 week period with lots of snow and zero or below zero temps. An iceberg approximately the size of the one that sunk the Titanic formed at the end of the driveway, due to the weather and with the aid of the snowplow drivers. It became so solid, I couldn't shovel or snowblow it away, and for several days I had to try to climb out and in with my Model X. I also forgot that I could adjust the suspension height.

So yeah, I'm a dipshit. Anyway, I ended up damaging the trim on my drivers side front wheel well. Pic attached.

Is this something a normal adult human should be able to fix with the right parts, or should I just schedule a visit to the SC?

Thanks in advance.
IMG_0318.jpeg

I had something similar to the rear where someone "tapped" me. No body damage, just this trim. I don't remember the exact cost, but if I remember correctly the SC charged me less than $50 to replace it, including the part. I was able to send photos when logging the ticket on the app, and promptly received an estimate.

Reactions: Damager99
I have a 2018 Model X in the Chicago area. While the Winter has been mild, we had about a 2 week period with lots of snow and zero or below zero temps. An iceberg approximately the size of the one that sunk the Titanic formed at the end of the driveway, due to the weather and with the aid of the snowplow drivers. It became so solid, I couldn't shovel or snowblow it away, and for several days I had to try to climb out and in with my Model X. I also forgot that I could adjust the suspension height.

So yeah, I'm a dipshit. Anyway, I ended up damaging the trim on my drivers side front wheel well. Pic attached.

Is this something a normal adult human should be able to fix with the right parts, or should I just schedule a visit to the SC?

Thanks in advance.View attachment 1021929
This happened to me. I didn't really want to think about that little mishap and momentarily distraction but it may make you feel better.

I went to buy it at the service center and mobile to install it was pretty cheap so I did that. Some clips and the sensor needs to be dealt with.
I spent a few minutes to locate my invoice for you. HTH! They brought the wrong one the first time. Just be clear it is the 'drivers' side which is what I told them but they accidently got the wrong one.

aEOWlO6.jpg