Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front end damage examples without PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I'm currently considering getting PPF for the front end. I originally planned to get only protection for the hood. My old gas car, after 180k+, only showed paint damage to the hood. This included tons of rock chips that went to the bare metal. However, the bumper didn't seem to have any damage except for bugs. Does anyone have example or personal experience with the MY bumper without PPF? I've seen lots of examples of the rear panels but not the front bumper. Thanks!

I didn’t take any pics of the damage before I installed PPF, but the reason I did the front bumper was due to a couple small paint chips/damage that I started noticing.. These cars are much more prone to paint damage, especially on the front bumper, just due to the fact that it is such a large, flat-ish painted surface. I ordered a DR Colorchip kit to fix the few minor existing chips (also highly recommended), and a pre-cut STEK bumper kit online (~$160) and installed it myself. This was my first time ever attempting, but I think it turned out really good. I definitely feel much better about the added protection, and I don’t stress so much when following other vehicles! I didn’t wash it before this pic, so there are a few bugs..
05D58CAE-F493-4C0E-A2C0-0A3C4CAB4378.jpeg

Reactions: echanger1