Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Left USB Dead from factory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I just picked up my new SR+ a few days ago. When I was leaving the Tesla dealership I went to plug in my phone to charge it and the front left USB port wasn't charging my phone. The front right one works. Is this normal? My car is running v2019.40.2.

Any suggestions that don't involve having to schedule a SA?

P.S. I did the hold both buttons down to reset screen already (though I wasn't pressing down on brake pedal)

Thanks.
Lee

The update process involves a reboot, so maybe that fixed it. It's always a good idea to try the various kinds of reboots to fix bugs before complaining about them. Some people (like myself) even like to do reboots after every software update just to prevents the little sniggles you see people having after updates that are often fixed by rebooting.

Yes, shutting down the car - in the safety and security menu, shut down the car, and sit in the seat without touching anything for 3-5 minutes until you hear the superbottle burp. Then pres the brake and you're back in business.

And tesla reps have indicated that the two button reset is the same whether you're pressing the brakes or not.