Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to get USB-C port or power to lower left windshield (driver's side)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I've been noodling over various positions to mount my phone while driving, and I've concluded the best place for me is on the driver's side, with a vent mount near the lower left of the windshield. The only problem is, there's no USB-C power on that side to power the wireless charger. What's the best way to get some power over there? Ideally it would be done in a way that I could just leave everything plugged in.

Sorry for the necro, but just in case you still haven't found a solution and you have a 2017-2019, you can tap into the OBD2 port with one of these:

41UfXYalhKL._AC_SX679_.jpg
g

Apparently newer cars don't even have an OBD2 port. I have no experience with this product, just something I came across while browsing.

Sorry for the necro, but just in case you still haven't found a solution and you have a 2017-2019, you can tap into the OBD2 port with one of these:

41UfXYalhKL._AC_SX679_.jpg
g

Apparently newer cars don't even have an OBD2 port. I have no experience with this product, just something I came across while browsing.

Thanks ... yes i saw this, really seemed like I had found the solution until I realized that OBD port doesn't exist on my 2023 model. Tesla really needs to add more power points around the car.

Thank you for providing the link to the TEMAI ODB2 to USB adapter.
In my personal case, I use the following adapters combination to access the ODB2 constant 12V:

ODB2 Extension Cable with Switch

- to provide an easy to access ODB2 plug near the driver seat area​
ODB2 Extension .jpg

3-OBD Cable Splitter and 2-USB Adapter

- to plug the ODB2 Scanner used for the SacanMyTesla App​
- and charge a Phone when the car is in Sleep mode​
OBD 3- Cable Splitter & 2 USB .jpg

OBD2 to Cigarette Lighter with 15A Fuse

- to connect a Dashcam when parked at night in the street instead of using Sentry​
OBD2 to Cigarette Lighter Female Connecter Vechile Car Constant Power Cable 16AWG Safely with ...jpg