Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front license plate holder.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I contacted them. They're reviewing my photos and they believe they sent me the wrong parts for the M3 vs the MY. I thought the M3 would be similar but maybe not.
Hi Tempest, sorry I haven't checked on with this website in a while. It looks like you were sent the wrong drill template. You should've been sent the right one now and hopefully you can soon install your plates.

Alright guys, if you're going to get the Ottoplate for Model Y, you might want to hold off until a solution is uncovered. I ordered the kit and it does not look like it fit the 2021 license plate at least the template does not. Take a look below. I just emailed Ottosteer to see if they have another solution.
Late response, but I received an updated drill template from Ottoplate and it works now and I was able to drill it and just put it on last night to test and it fits fine now. I haven't driven with it to see how stable it is. So if you received a kit that doesn't look right, do not drill, contact Ottoplate to double check. And another tip, on my kit the screws on the lever was super tight, so I had to loosen it up for the lever to move at all and I just screw it a little bit at a time until just the right tightness that allows it to move freely but not too loose either. I would probably want to keep their hex kit in the car just in case those lever gets stuck for whatever reason.

Late response, but I received an updated drill template from Ottoplate and it works now and I was able to drill it and just put it on last night to test and it fits fine now. I haven't driven with it to see how stable it is. So if you received a kit that doesn't look right, do not drill, contact Ottoplate to double check. And another tip, on my kit the screws on the lever was super tight, so I had to loosen it up for the lever to move at all and I just screw it a little bit at a time until just the right tightness that allows it to move freely but not too loose either. I would probably want to keep their hex kit in the car just in case those lever gets stuck for whatever reason.
Is the Ottoplate gets secured on the grill or the bumper like the Quick Bandit? How does it actually get secured on the bumper/grill? Not many reviews on Youtube and would like to hear first hand besides the product videos. I’m deciding between Quick Bandit and Ottoplate.

Is the Ottoplate gets secured on the grill or the bumper like the Quick Bandit? How does it actually get secured on the bumper/grill? Not many reviews on Youtube and would like to hear first hand besides the product videos. I’m deciding between Quick Bandit and Ottoplate.
It's secured behind the back of the bumper above the grill with these two movable hooks each side but it does slide into the grill. But it's not something you can easily remove. I only remove it once in a while if I want a deep wash on my car everywhere. I used to remove it often when I just drive locally but got tired of getting my screwdrivers out each time so I just leave them on. Look at the picture on their website you'll see a hook that goes upwards. There're actually three screws holding it in place, the hand screw one at least in mine do not work alone usually I have to loosen all three screws on each side for it to move up and down. I think the slide into the grill is to provide additional stability.

Is there a company out there that makes a quick-release front license plate bracket that mounts the plate low on the bumper, like when you run the $7 bolt kit from Ebay or Etsy?

I saw Evannex and Torklift place the front plate lower on the bumper, but they're more of a permanent mount and definitely not quick-release. And for how much they cost, I would rather get the $7 bolt kit.

Looking for a quick-release bracket that mounts the front plate low like this:

iap_300x300.2645889371_kymrl1nu.jpg
plate_cca93c28-e595-43d7-b490-1dd69f3164f7.jpg

Is there a company out there that makes a quick-release front license plate bracket that mounts the plate low on the bumper, like when you run the $7 bolt kit from Ebay or Etsy?

I saw Evannex and Torklift place the front plate lower on the bumper, but they're more of a permanent mount and definitely not quick-release. And for how much they cost, I would rather get the $7 bolt kit.

Looking for a quick-release bracket that mounts the front plate low like this:

iap_300x300.2645889371_kymrl1nu.jpg
plate_cca93c28-e595-43d7-b490-1dd69f3164f7.jpg
Snapplate is height-adjustable

Height-Adjustable.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: buddhra and Bikeman