Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Number Plate Location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a M3 LR and have had PPF and ceramic coating applied. I'm leery about sticking the front number plate to the PPF, and wonder if there is any disadvantage in mounting the number plate in front of the "grill". Appreciate your knowledge.

M3, LR, FAD, white exterior, white interior.

I have a M3 LR and have had PPF and ceramic coating applied. I'm leery about sticking the front number plate to the PPF, and wonder if there is any disadvantage in mounting the number plate in front of the "grill". Appreciate your knowledge.

M3, LR, FAD, white exterior, white interior.
I have a brand new in box Bandit if you’re interested. P.M. me if you want to know more.

I have used an Evannex "The Law" since October 2018. So far, no airflow issues. It is well made and installation was a simple twenty minute job. They have a video on-line you should review prior to installation. I do worry that I may some day inadvertently hit a high curb or other object when parking and damage the plastic "grille" on which it is mounted, but I play close attention the the sensors and try to back into parking spaces when possible. Note: I had planned to forgo installation of the front plate, but no shop would issue a safety inspection without it. And although it would be easy to remove after each yearly inspection, it is so unobtrusive that I haven't bothered.

I bought one of the OttoSteer magnetic license plate frames. It allows me the flexibility to remove it quickly and easily to wash the car and to photograph the car. It is nice because it mounts to the lower grill. I was very pleasantly surprised that the Tesla delivery center put the front bracket in the trunk and did not stick it to the car. Our state requires a front plate and other car dealerships tend to install the bracket prior to delivery.

Thanks for the offer, but I've devised a way of using turnbuckles, which is simple, safe, easy and economical. My concern is does restricting airflow have a potential for causing damage due to restricting any cooling requirement.
The Bandit mounts above the grill. No air flow restrictions.