Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Passenger Air Vent - Can you turn it off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This does not work for me. It really needs to be an obvious button in the UI.
This works in my Model Y; open the Climate Control settings menu. Turn off the climate control system (press the round button), then turn the climate control back on (press the round button a second time.) The driver's side dashboard vent will start blowing air but the passenger side dashboard vent will not start blowing air (unless someone is seated in the front passenger seat.)

@Timdoggg85 sounds like a win-win to me!

This would be nice to have, I can see reasons why it isn't there yet, but as most said it's simple coding. Until then my wife just directs the air flow to my side in a single stream, which I don't mind because I run hot.
It's a lose for me. I'm with Timdoggg85's poor wife. It hurts when my hubby turns up the AC anywhere. I'm cold alllll the time! They need to fix this ASAP!

It's a lose for me. I'm with Timdoggg85's poor wife. It hurts when my hubby turns up the AC anywhere. I'm cold alllll the time! They need to fix this ASAP!
Do you make use of the dual zone mode for the Tesla Model Y's Climate Control?

You can use the Tesla Voice Commands by pressing the right scroll wheel on the steering wheel and speaking "split/sync/unsync [Climate]"
to split, sync, or unsync the temperature control for the driver and front passenger.

Reactions: AlexHung
77C26F6A-562B-487C-862C-47D4D21ADF43.jpeg
2C45F89D-A1ED-4E8C-9308-9C4371C9DF73.jpeg
C1BC019A-F4C6-473E-886B-DEF272F72E85.jpeg
Mine (passenger vents) just don’t work unless I physically touch the passenger vent image on the screen.

View attachment 725734View attachment 725735View attachment 725736Mine (passenger vents) just don’t work unless I physically touch the passenger vent image on the screen.
But do you have a passenger in the seat? The behavior you are describing is common: Teslas only blow air out of the vent when they detect weight in the seat (or if you manually turn the vent on). What people are complaining about here is that you cannot manually turn the vent off when someone is sitting in the seat.

But do you have a passenger in the seat? The behavior you are describing is common: Teslas only blow air out of the vent when they detect weight in the seat (or if you manually turn the vent on). What people are complaining about here is that you cannot manually turn the vent off when someone is sitting in the seat.
Nope, nobody in the passenger seat and I never had this happen in my 2019 M3P that I put 45k miles on before trading for a 2021. It’s not all the time either. After my last post, the next morning I checked like I normally do as I leave the development, and both were on. No body in the front seat not enough weight to trigger the vent without triggering the seatbelt alarm.

Now that the weather has turned cooler the passenger vent comes on automatically any time the HVAC is warming the cabin air. This differs from when the AC was cooling the passenger cabin, most of the time only driver dashboard vent would be active when the AC was running unless someone was seated in the passenger seat.

Now that the weather has turned cooler the passenger vent comes on automatically any time the HVAC is warming the cabin air. This differs from when the AC was cooling the passenger cabin, most of the time only driver dashboard vent would be active when the AC was running unless someone was seated in the passenger seat.
Take a look at the second pic I posted. Heat on HI and only the drivers vent operating.
But I also agree with the OPs complaint. Once I manually turn on the passenger vent, by touching the passenger vent screen, I can’t turn it back off by pressing/holding or any other option presented. The only thing I found to power my passenger side back off is to power cycle the HVAC. When I power it back on, the passenger side is inop again.
Funny thing, if I turn on my climate from the app, it shows air flowing out both vents but the car screen doesn’t and the passenger vent isn’t opened or operating.