Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front passenger door rubbing fender

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just piling on passenger door/fender rubbing thread ... same issue for me. has anyone successfully completed the service repair?

I took delivery 6-16-19 but my mobile apphome page say “Version 2019.24.4” ... does that indicate build date?

Just got back home from my appointment. I didn't check the door before I left...BIG MISTAKE. The door not does not engage correctly now and gets pushed down during lock engagement. I will have to call tomorrow and complain. I do not want to drive another 300/mi round trip and waste hours of my day again.

Summary: Rubbing fixed, new problem. Trust, but verify.

Mobile tech came out and fixed my issue. The whole ordeal is over now. Thank goodness for the mobile!

Had same issue with passenger door rubbing fender barely. Took it in yesterday to Tesla's body shop. They nudged the fender forward about a cm, and problem solved. They offered to send it to a third-party body shop where it might take 3 to 4 weeks to repaint the front door and fender door, but the small scratch that was made well the two parts rubbed did not get down to the primer and he was able to touch it up and buff it out so this was all done the same day. Took about four hours. All is good now.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnii__82