Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Passenger Door Wind Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2019 dual motor M3 has never been very quiet. But in the last year or longer, I have noticed that the car seems especially noisy at the front passenger door. My wife, who is not a fan of the car because the back seat is uncomfortable, and she doesn't trust AP, likes to complain about the M3 whenever she can. Recently, when sitting in the front passenger seat, she commented on how loud it was. I dismissed it as Tesla hate. But she's right. There's something going on, and it has been for quite some time. I just thought it was normal. Today, while on AP going 68mph, I reached over and pulled on the passenger door. Wind noise reduced significantly. This door/window is not sealing properly. Is there some way I can "bend" the door a bit to have it close tighter? Some other fix? I know the M3 isn't a quiet car, but this is definitely not normal.

I feel like my wind noise is coming from mostly the right (passenger) side and is significantly more than the driver side windows. It has been an almost a year and I figured it was just normal noise folks complain about, but it is only one side and is driving me crazy. Should I put in a service request or are they going to tell me the normal 'it is within spec'? Worth a shot?

I feel like my wind noise is coming from mostly the right (passenger) side and is significantly more than the driver side windows. It has been an almost a year and I figured it was just normal noise folks complain about, but it is only one side and is driving me crazy. Should I put in a service request or are they going to tell me the normal 'it is within spec'? Worth a shot?
Totally worth a shot. I’m pretty mad at myself for letting the warranty expire without trying.

Reactions: Recce93