Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Plate Mount Removal—TYIA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tell the SA that if the Delivery Center ignores your request, attaches the front license plate holder to the vehicle you will reject the vehicle, walk away.
I’m taking your suggestion and the dental floss and fishing line will be in the car with me when I go pick it up. I’ll sit right there parking lot and take it off 😂
I haven’t heard from an SA at all this time around so I emailed the 2 previous SAs I had and hoping to hear from one of them. Hopefully they have some better news than the *510*

Looks like a CYA move on their part to also install the front license plate before you leave the dealership to avoid some liability.

They should at least offer you the option to install your preferred mount, or if that's too much to ask, make you sign a waiver that you understand it's your responsibility to install a mount and be done with it.
Yea they are just being a**es!

• Funny
Reactions: mylapore
Here in NJ most of the Teslas I have seen on the road don't have a front license plate, but that's supposedly illegal. I bought this as it offers a cheap alternative to sticking the plate mount onto the car. Also considering adding a front wireless camera to my USS-less car. Most of them I have seen online get attached to the plate mount - not sure how it's going to work with this one.
That Etsy listing depends on the fragility of the plastic grill, will be fine if you never get bumped. Small probability of screws vibrating and loosening over years. If China made vehicles no longer have USS, I would expect vendors to create a front camera integrated with a mini screen
I’m taking your suggestion and the dental floss and fishing line will be in the car with me when I go pick it up. I’ll sit right there parking lot and take it off 😂
I haven’t heard from an SA at all this time around so I emailed the 2 previous SAs I had and hoping to hear from one of them. Hopefully they have some better news than the *510*
before dental floss, trying lifting it from a corner first.

• Informative
Reactions: mylapore
Here in NJ most of the Teslas I have seen on the road don't have a front license plate, but that's supposedly illegal. I bought this as it offers a cheap alternative to sticking the plate mount onto the car. Also considering adding a front wireless camera to my USS-less car. Most of them I have seen online get attached to the plate mount - not sure how it's going to work with this one.
There are proposals being considered in the PDRNJ to eliminate the front plate requirement. Usual arguments against it apply citing reasons that have never happened.

Tesla free charging at our local mall. No front plate required.

Attachments

• Tesla Free Charging IMG_9065.JPG
    Tesla Free Charging IMG_9065.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: 3YMimi73
Tesla free charging at our local mall. No front plate required.
I wish my area would be more EV friendly. There are 4 charging stations in this little village near me and every time I drive by, there are no available ones because they are ICE’d 🤦🏻‍♀️. Then I think to myself, who do I call to complain and get them removed, then I think, it’s not worth the headache. But it totally sucks that they can’t respect the chargers.

I wish my area would be more EV friendly. There are 4 charging stations in this little village near me and every time I drive by, there are no available ones because they are ICE’d 🤦🏻‍♀️. Then I think to myself, who do I call to complain and get them removed, then I think, it’s not worth the headache. But it totally sucks that they can’t respect the chargers.
Why do you not charge at home?

Reactions: 3YMimi73