Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front trunk opens when car backed into it???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Onephd

Jul 14, 2021
Ohio
Hello. I parked my car in grocery store parking lot. While inside store I receive an alert that my front trunk is open. I race to car only to see my front trunk ajar. I noticed scratches on the bottom spoiler and the front license plate was slightly tilted forward. Taken together it seems like someone backed into the front of my car. Mt questions is will that cause the front trunk to come ajar. I couldn’t actually open it until I closed and opened it on purpose. Any input would be appreciated.

Is sentry enabled? I’m pretty sure mine was disabled by default but I cannot confirm this for sure. I just know I turned it on the other day, had assumed it was on all this time. Store may have a security camera too.

Is sentry enabled? I’m pretty sure mine was disabled by default but I cannot confirm this for sure. I just know I turned it on the other day, had assumed it was on all this time. Store may have a security camera too.
I just checked. It was off. Car is relatively new and with pandemic I don’t drive it much. Im
More concerned about knowing if a bump from another car will cause the front trunk to open like that. It was opened but still locked as the safety feature is designed to do.