Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to Update Quick Controls in iPhone App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings!
We have recently taken delivery of a 2023 Model Y. I have been able to successfully change the icons in the Quick Controls section of the iPhone app as follows:
  1. long press an existing icon in the Quick Controls section (e.g. open frunk) - this opens up the customize controls screen.
  2. select and drag a control icon to replace one in the current bar (e.g. drag the sentry icon over the open frunk icon)
  3. tap on the screen above the "Customize Controls" area to save and exit​
When my wife performs the same steps on her iPhone, there is no area above "Customize Controls" for her to tap, so her changes are not saved.
Both my wife and I are running iOS 16.6 the new version of iPhone SE, Tesla app version 2023.20.100.1

We have tried:
  1. hard stopping and reopening the Tesla app
  2. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Tesla app
Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

We were able to solve our problem. We found that my wife had Display Zoom set to Larger Text in the Display and Brightness settings on her iPhone. When she changed this setting to Default, it opened up the space above the "Customize Controls" section, and she was able to save her changes successfully.
While this is a somewhat esoteric problem, I hope that our experience may be of help to someone else.

Jim

I had same issue with an iPhone SE2, which has a smaller screen, After 20 minutes on phone with Tesla Support, a very helpful guy, calling up its colleagues to solve the issue, we figured out that the Tesla iPhone app is not very good designed and on phones with small screens the area were you have to click to make the setting permanent is about 2mm wide only!
The app does not zoom and parts of the interface are not visible.
in addition to mentioned issue, another one is that in Sentry, the rear camera cannot be selected as the point to select is located under some other menu items and only half visible.
Wondering what other items are not visible on smaller iPhones!?