TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FS: 2018 Model 3 LR RWD

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by power-eq-iv, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Dr. J

Dr. J Member

FWIW, you would have to wait until Jan. 1, 2020 for that. The full federal income tax credit ($7,500) goes until Dec. 31, 2018, then half credit for 6 months, then half of that for another 6 months.

• Informative x 1
  2. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

I understand the critique aspect but his price is very reasonable compared to others. I’m quite sure if the coin was flipped, everyone of you “critiquing” this guy would want the most out of the sale.

• Like x 2
  3. power-eq-iv

power-eq-iv Member

@Dr. J - for the full credit you're absolutely correct (a $3,750 increase in the current math for any buyer)

4. KCapital

KCapital Member

Tesla may drop the price as well on LR battery as 50kwh vs 75kwh battery doesn’t justify $9K price tag in long run. That is $360/kWh when Tesla’s states price target at mass production of M3 is $100/kWh.

Similary - 5K price tag premium upgrade may drop as well. White interior becomes standard and available on LR RWD instead of additional $1.5K and limited to AWD.

In addition, 2019 will also bring the new autopilot 3.0 hardware announced in yesterday’s earning call.

Historically Tesla has streamlined the production by making addons inclusive while dropping the price.

5. Dr. J

Dr. J Member

I agree with you, but you're risking starting a "we've been had by Tesla!" chain. :D

• Love x 1
  6. Sunshine State

Sunshine State Automotive Enthusiast

You can bet Tesla will be cranking out 3’s as fast as they can and meeting most of the demand for upgrade cars before the end of this 4th quarter. Next year will bring cheaper new base Model 3 cars to compete against. It’s very doubtful that holding on to a depreciating asset will gain you more money.

• Love x 1
  7. power-eq-iv

power-eq-iv Member

@Sunshine State - def. not under an delusions of "gaining money" -- it is, as you said, a depreciating asset

• Like x 1
  8. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

Except Tesla just raised prices on paint and AWD.....

• Funny x 1
  9. Ormond

Ormond Member

I don't think Tesla is going to be dropping prices any time soon. I just wish I could decide on which model to buy next.

10. KCapital

KCapital Member

Yea and there is that. Not sure what Tesla is thinking there. Maybe I should sell my AWD order config (M3D, Red, Aero, EAP) now that it has appreciated in value before delivery. :p

I am more in zen as $TSLA is up 16% since ER call. :)