Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: 4x Nokian WRG3 All-Weather/Winter Tires 245/45R19 (Used)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SomeJoe7777

Marginally-Known Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houston, TX
For sale are four Nokian WR G3 All-Weather/Winter tires in size 245/45R19 (fits Model S 19" wheels). The tires are used, details below. All-weather tires are designed for light winter/snow use, but can be used year-round in higher temperatures as well. The tires do have the mountain/snowflake symbol and are certified for areas where winter tires are required. These tires are ideal for areas with mild snow/ice/slush conditions in the winter, or owners who periodically drive to such areas from a non-snow area (e.g. California to Colorado and back).

These tires will function in heavy winter ice and snow, but a dedicated winter snow tire such as the Michelin X-Ice, Nokian Hakkapeliitta, or Bridgestone Blizzak would probably be a better choice in those areas.

Specs:

Section Width: 245
Aspect Ratio: 45
Diameter: 19
Load Rating: XL
Load Index: 102
Speed Rating: V

These tires were originally purchased in January of 2016, they have 15,537 miles on them, and have been rotated approximately every 2500 miles. They were last mounted and driven on in February of 2018. The original tread depth when new was 8.7 mm (11/32"). Current tread depths are:

1. 6.15 mm (8/32")
2. 5.70 mm (7/32")
3. 6.20 mm (8/32")
4. 5.87 mm (7/32")

All 4 tires still have the snowflake symbol embedded in the tread, indicating that the tread depth is still sufficient for the mountain/snowflake symbol certification (see picture below).

The following is a graphical plot of the average tread depths that I have measured at each rotation. The plot then uses a linear prediction to show that the tires should last another 17,000 miles for a total of 32,000 before needing replacement at an average tread depth of 3 mm.

19-milagepredictiongraph.PNG

Pricing: $600 for all 4 tires, shipping to anywhere in the continental US is included.

Note that this sale is for tires only, wheels are not included. You must have your own 19" wheels that fit the Model S, including your own TPMS modules and center caps. You must have these tires mounted and balanced at your own tire shop, at your own expense.

Send me a private message on this forum or post to this thread if you are interested.

Pictures:

All 4:
01-all4.jpg

Embedded snowflake symbol still showing in tread, with indicator showing 4 mm remaining:
02-snowsymbol.jpg

Nokian symbol on tire sidewall:
03-nokian.jpg

WR G3 Tire model on sidewall, mountain/snowflake certification symbol on sidewall:
04-WRG3.jpg

Tire size and load index:
05-size.jpg

Tire inside surface:
06-inside.jpg

Right Rear tread depth, inches:
07-tdrrfrac.jpg

Right Rear tread depth, mm:
11-tdrrmm.jpg

Right Front tread depth, inches:
08-tdrffrac.jpg

Right Front tread depth, mm:
12-tdrfmm.jpg

Left Rear tread depth, inches:
09-tdlrfrac.jpg

Left Rear tread depth, mm:
13-tdlrmm.jpg

Left Front tread depth, inches:
10-tdlffrac.jpg

Left Front tread depth, mm:
14-tdlfmm.jpg

Overall tread condition, Right Rear:
15-treadrr.jpg

Overall tread condition, Right Front:
16-treadrf.jpg

Overall tread confition, Left Rear:
17-treadlr.jpg

Overall tread condition, Left Front:
18-treadlf.jpg

I would like to say this is the most comprehensive, informative post for used tires I have ever seen!

I would buy these if I didn't just get a set of WRG4's. These are awesome tires for an awesome deal!

I would like to say this is the most comprehensive, informative post for used tires I have ever seen!

I would buy these if I didn't just get a set of WRG4's. These are awesome tires for an awesome deal!

Thanks! It's unfortunate but because they're tires only without wheels, and they're used, not a lot of people are interested. But I'm still hoping someone comes to clean out my garage for me. :)