TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FS: Droplock for Model 3 seatbacks

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by EVnut, Dec 31, 2019.

1. EVnut

EVnut DARΞLL

Greetings! In the first month of ownership, my 3 was broken into, and the trunk accessed by lowering the rear seatbacks after breaking a rear window. I began to purchase all of the seat-locking solutions, and eventually made my own to suit my usage. I now have a "better than new" set of Droplocks for sale. They're better because I dressed the "removal access" holes a bit to make removal of these easier for the user (but no easier for a would-be thief).

See them here from the creative folks who designed them.
    Drop-Lock

I have good confidence in these, and they'd work great for somebody who doesn't plan to lower the seatbacks often. It is a *bit* of a challenge to get them out when you want them out. GREAT for security, but not quite so great for the owner. Using these will give you a MUCH better chance of keeping the scumbags out of your trunk.

Purchasing them from the source comes out to about $30 with tax and shipping, if you live in CA.

I'll send you mine complete with shipping in CONUS for $20. Comes with a lock for each seat, and the top-secret removal tool. I'll ship the same or next day.

PM me for any top-secret questions you may have.

2. TSLA Pilot

TSLA Pilot Active Member

I'll buy 'em.

How do I pay you, or should we chat via email?

3. EVnut

EVnut DARΞLL

Shoot, sorry gang. They sat unclaimed for a couple of days, and my neighbor claimed them. Now there's interest of course!

I wish I could delete my post... They're spoken for. Sorry.