Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 12 and tow hitch bike rack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick question - Have you tried FSD v12 with a rear bike rack that blocks the rear camera?

I'm debating between getting a roof rack or a tow hitch, and while I know that a tow hitch bike rack or cargo box is more efficient, I also want to factor in whether a tow hitch bike rack will degrade FSD performance.

I've seen posts with people having V11 working, but curious if anyone tried it with V12 and would recommend for or against a tow hitch bike rack while running FSD V12.

Thanks for your time!

It's not really a question that others can answer for you, because results vary.

Dependent on a number of factors, the bike rack may cause FSD to be disabled. The camera has to be able to see. And it gets worse if the hitch has extended tail lights.

AFAIK a cargo box big enough for bikes will probably significantly impact your range. Rooftop bike carriers will probably be much more efficient.

How often do you carry the bikes on longer trips?
Does decreased range really make a difference? 50 miles less is barely worth thinking about.

If you have e-bikes, be careful, as their increased weight can impact the carrying solutions. And fat tires also make a huge difference in the carriers.

Upvote 0