Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD button is here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All this BS is making me want to get rid of my car all together....this is my second Tesla too. I paid for a feature and I should not have to go through this crap!
I agree and I think almost everyone would agree. You buy this car and fall in love with it but it's like you're dating a girl and her father wants her home by 10 PM and doesn't want you pushing any of her buttons. I think the notion of having to approve an option everyone is entitled to should not be controlled by Dr. Evil at Tesla Central.
Dr Evil.jpeg

Reactions: 101dals
I agree and I think almost everyone would agree. You buy this car and fall in love with it but it's like you're dating a girl and her father wants her home by 10 PM and doesn't want you pushing any of her buttons. I think the notion of having to approve an option everyone is entitled to should not be controlled by Dr. Evil at Tesla Central. View attachment 715796
Your view of “entitled to” is part of the problem for some. You have the “option to” at this point to be a beta tester. If you want the “entitled to“ version you need to wait till it’s done and safe. Love or hate it, I appreciate that they are not just opening the flood gate and giving it to the “entitled” before it’s complete only to ensure we all loose it when these cars are wrapped around trees. Don’t like the plan, don’t volunteer!

Your view of “entitled to” is part of the problem for some. You have the “option to” at this point to be a beta tester. If you want the “entitled to“ version you need to wait till it’s done and safe. Love or hate it, I appreciate that they are not just opening the flood gate and giving it to the “entitled” before it’s complete only to ensure we all loose it when these cars are wrapped around trees. Don’t like the plan, don’t volunteer!
That's not the point I was making. All owners paid the price of admission when they entered and exit a Tesla dealership. They are entitled to anything and everything this car has to offer. Unlike, Mercedes, Cadillac, Lincoln, etc., you are NOT buying a finished product as its been evolving for how many years? Promises made to buyers should be kept and NOT held out there like a carrot on a stick and watching the stick grow longer by the YEARS. There is nothing done or safe about these cars or any other. People will drive their cars as they will and if you have a Mercedes and put on cruise control you're responsible for using it. Same goes for a Tesla; you are the responsible party for how it operates and if you crash your car you crashed YOUR car not 1000's of others. We are NOT a collective here, we are ALL individuals with our check books out paying our OWN bills. You really think that a finished version of this program hasn't been out and there and has NOT been being tested for the last few years? Who are those beta testers? Engineers at Tesla? Elon? The keeper of all EV knowledge and know how? We will never be done and never be safe so get off one of your Tesla high horses.

That's not the point I was making. All owners paid the price of admission when they entered and exit a Tesla dealership. They are entitled to anything and everything this car has to offer. Unlike, Mercedes, Cadillac, Lincoln, etc., you are NOT buying a finished product as its been evolving for how many years? Promises made to buyers should be kept and NOT held out there like a carrot on a stick and watching the stick grow longer by the YEARS. There is nothing done or safe about these cars or any other. People will drive their cars as they will and if you have a Mercedes and put on cruise control you're responsible for using it. Same goes for a Tesla; you are the responsible party for how it operates and if you crash your car you crashed YOUR car not 1000's of others. We are NOT a collective here, we are ALL individuals with our check books out paying our OWN bills. You really think that a finished version of this program hasn't been out and there and has NOT been being tested for the last few years? Who are those beta testers? Engineers at Tesla? Elon? The keeper of all EV knowledge and know how? We will never be done and never be safe so get off one of your Tesla high horses.
To quote from the Tesla web site:
"The currently enabled features require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous. The activation and use of these features are dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions. As these self-driving features evolve, your car will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates."​
You're not "entitled" to be a beta tester. You're entitled to use the updates once Tesla has determined they are adequately safe and stable for general release.

AutoPilot and Full Self Driving are not like cruise control. You may make the analogy, but the capabilities are significantly more advances as well as the potential for problems. If you live in the U.S. you should know that companies are routinely held responsible for stupidity outside their control. Despite what you, Tesla, or anyone else may say, Tesla has had a lot of bad press and scrutiny for people doing stupid things with autopilot and they not only have every right, they have an obligation to limit beta testers to people who will be responsible.

I'm sorry if you don't like the conditions, but you just need to settle down and wait for the final version of the software, just like every other update that Tesla has released.

(If you have any doubts, simply do a search of "Tesla Autopilot Investigation" and peruse the stories that pop up.

I am sitting at 95 right now, and will likely stay there. I have to merge into traffic on the freeway here in southern california and I always get dinged for that.

And there is no way I can set the distance to 6 or 7 - I am likely to get shot on the freeway!

I do use autopilot as much as possible, even on non-freeway streets which is an annoyance since it's so limited - but its only for a bit of time hopefully.

Matt
lol. You have to say to yourself "im not driving, tesla is" and not look in your rear view mirror
one guy honked at me just now because I was turning slowly through a yellow and he wanted to go too hahah

Yeah I was at 89 at one point because of 2 FCW's on the same day but after driving more I bumped up to 95. It seems to be holding steady at 95.

See my post above - “all this BS” is only if you want to be a beta tester. If you don’t want to be a beta tester then you can forget about it and wait for the final release.

honestly, I get that people are curious and eager but I can’t understand why people are getting so worked up and stressing about this.

You realize that basic Auto Pilot is still in Beta? Look under the Auto Pilot tab on your main screen and you will see that Auto Steer is BETA, TACC is BETA, auto high beam headlights? BETA, Auto windshield wipers? BETA.

When FSD Beta is released to the public at large, it will still be BETA! What they are calling BETA with the latest FSD release is actually Alpha testing.

Keith

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
You realize that basic Auto Pilot is still in Beta? Look under the Auto Pilot tab on your main screen and you will see that Auto Steer is BETA, TACC is BETA, auto high beam headlights? BETA, Auto windshield wipers? BETA.

When FSD Beta is released to the public at large, it will still be BETA! What they are calling BETA with the latest FSD release is actually Alpha testing.

Keith
Yes, or ‘early beta’ vs ‘late beta.’ The way I look at it, the potential impact of FSD is far greater than the impact of stoplight detection, as is the need for testing and debugging.

Also, as I said, given the amount of press and investigations Tesla has been subject to recently, I expect they are going to be more cautious in releasing features moving forward.

When you purchased your MY did the salesperson promise that the FSD would be functional by a certain date. No one was able to give me an estimate for when it would be an actual feature, so I chose not to pay the $10K. In my mind the only reason to buy FSD at vehicle purchase is because you are speculating that the cost will increase later on when the feature is actually worth the price. I did add the subscription recently to test it out, and I really don’t think I’ll keep it up for what it offers. If I get selected for the beta I may keep it a little longer than I originally intended to see how the new features work.

I’ve logged 611 miles and my score is holding steady at 100. I dropped to 99 on Sunday but it was back to 100 on Monday. Hopefully the miles that I drive will help get me towards the front of the line! I still have another 100+ miles to go today…..

Do it. Prices on used cars are very high right now. People have been selling their Teslas for more than they purchased them.
I turned off sharing with Tesla this morning and I won't download the update for FSD as quite frankly its become a childish game of Musk & Co. to play out as they wish. Again, they now delay rollout for another week to align with the stars. They have adults vying for FSD via a scoreboard however, a thousand++++ have had FSD (all balls out) for how long (as beta testers)? I've bought a car that was advertised to go 360 miles and will do anything but no matter what I do to calibrate the battery. I will drive anyway I wish to drive and will not be told by anyone how to drive, how to brake or how to follow in traffic. Our Tampa dealership is so lame that no one even knows what they're selling you, how to repair it and they cancel appts. on a moments notice. No doubt all car manufacturers have their issues but this is simply absurd (all of it).

I turned off sharing with Tesla this morning and I won't download the update for FSD as quite frankly its become a childish game of Musk & Co. to play out as they wish. Again, they now delay rollout for another week to align with the stars. They have adults vying for FSD via a scoreboard however, a thousand++++ have had FSD (all balls out) for how long (as beta testers)? I've bought a car that was advertised to go 360 miles and will do anything but no matter what I do to calibrate the battery. I will drive anyway I wish to drive and will not be told by anyone how to drive, how to brake or how to follow in traffic. Our Tampa dealership is so lame that no one even knows what they're selling you, how to repair it and they cancel appts. on a moments notice. No doubt all car manufacturers have their issues but this is simply absurd (all of it).
You sound thoroughly dissatisfied with your car and with Tesla in general so you may be happier with another car, but whatever makes you happy. It's interesting and frankly a bit entertaining to see how much your perception and bias skews your view of things. You've always been free to drive your car however you want. The only people making a 'childish game' out of it are some people on this board. I don't think it will help, but I suggest you read this post.

Out of curiosity, did you go storming back to the dealership when the previous non-electric vehicles you've owned failed to get the milage printed on the sticker?

Reactions: Yelobird
You sound thoroughly dissatisfied with your car and with Tesla in general so you may be happier with another car, but whatever makes you happy. It's interesting and frankly a bit entertaining to see how much your perception and bias skews your view of things. You've always been free to drive your car however you want. The only people making a 'childish game' out of it are some people on this board. I don't think it will help, but I suggest you read this post.

Out of curiosity, did you go storming back to the dealership when the previous non-electric vehicles you've owned failed to get the milage printed on the sticker?
As a matter of fact I bought one of the first MKZ Hybrids in 2013. I drove it for 18 months and never once did the car get 45 MPG as advertised by Ford. I'm the only ONE in Florida (I believe) who beat FORD for the full price of the car (and my trade in) under the Florida Lemon Law after having the car nearly 2 years. Ford sent down three techs and they took that car and drove it for 3 days and sent back a report to the AG's office that they got 4 MPG. How they did it was to drive it 20 MPH down a straight road on pure battery. So, YES I did storm back to the Lincoln dealership and they DID pay me to take back their piece of crap.

As a matter of fact I bought one of the first MKZ Hybrids in 2013. I drove it for 18 months and never once did the car get 45 MPG as advertised by Ford. I'm the only ONE in Florida (I believe) who beat FORD for the full price of the car (and my trade in) under the Florida Lemon Law after having the car nearly 2 years. Ford sent down three techs and they took that car and drove it for 3 days and sent back a report to the AG's office that they got 4 MPG. How they did it was to drive it 20 MPH down a straight road on pure battery. So, YES I did storm back to the Lincoln dealership and they DID pay me to take back their piece of crap.
If you need to know what kind of car that is click here: Lincoln Hybrid